The Point (the movie)

Has anyone else seen this cool cartoon from the 70s? I especially like the soundtrack.

SanibelMan
“A wise man will not leave the right to the mercy of chance, nor wish it to prevail through the power of the majority. There is but little virtue in the action of masses of men.”
– Henry David Thoreau

I saw it once. It was amusing, if a bit heavyhanded. I believe there are two slightly different versions. I saw the one that was narrated by Dustin Hoffman.

Remember, I’m pulling for you; we’re all in this together.
—Red Green

Oblio, come out, wherever you are :slight_smile:

Nilsson rules !
Now I need to did up the tape/CD and go to a happy place. This is the town …
I’ll be messin’ with the bees

Oblio

SanibelMan - Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

er … dig up

We have often wished to have a video or see it on TV again… WAs it ever released in movie houses?

Somewhere in our travels we have picked up a 78 rpm, a cassette, and we heard it was on cd but never found it. As I remember it we were told it was out and then poof, it was gone.

May I point you to the following
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6303048218/o/qid=941487007/sr=8-1/002-0749194-7991436

Oblio

A point in every direction is like no point at all

“To be or not to be. That is the point!”

this is the land and these are the people; that’s the way it is and that’s the way it’s going to stay. . .

I’m bookmarkin’ that link and saving up (leaves, that is). I used to have it on video but my mom threw out that and several favorite tapes of mine when they moved; also refused to pay to replace them.

I loved that movie.

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

My favorite line from the movie, which I haven’t seen for years!!

(He’s got a point there!)

If man was meant to fly faster than the speed of sound
he would have been born with 50,000 pounds of thrust.

Thank you, Oblio, there also is an auction for the cd, I’d given up hope.

Why go to the auction when you can get the soundtrack from amazon.com for $10.49?

Sorry if that link doesn’t work… I can’t figure out why. If you go there, however, just click on Music Search, then type in Harry Nilsson for the artist and The Point for the title and that should take you straight to the appropriate page…
I just watched the movie again tonight (the taped copy I have is narrated by Alan Thicke).

Are you sleeping?
Can you hear me?
Do you know if I am by your side?

Does it matter
if you hear me?
When the morning comes, I’ll be there by your side.

Jois -
You’re quite welcome. I remember the first time seeing The Point in print again :slight_smile: In fact, I started a copyright thread on piracy for arts sake with the Point as a poster child. Glad to spread the cheer.

Oblio