The Political Gauge. Take the test and see how you score.

I was reading Talking Points Memo this morning (if you can believe that!) and I clicked on one of their recommended links. The link in turn linked to a website called Political Brew. It had some interesting stuff, but what caught my attention was The Political Gauge, similar to the Political Compass but rather than asking about your degree of agreement it asks for you to pick the most applicable of five answers and the degree to which you care about the issue.

My results were:

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (60).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Conservative (74).

Of course, I could have told you that already.

So, take the test and post your scores, and perhaps this will evolve into a pretty decent discussion about how you feel about the test, the questions, and the results.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (26).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (39).

Pretty much what I expected.

The test is stupid. The answers are too general and I don’t agree with any of the answers in the first 8 questions without cavets but that is not an option. The test tries to answer complex questions about society and government in a sentence.

Perhaps so, but that’s why you pick the most applicable answer. At least it offers you an out with the No Comment selection, unlike most of these sorts of things.

Swell, now I’m under arrest. Thanks a lot, AFD!

I liked it much more than the Compass. It is not as left-biased. I felt that answer I would’ve given were available, the Compass just felt like picking between a Root Canal, a Colonoscopy, a Boil Lance, and a Toe-Nail Removal.

Moderate Conservative (68). Non-Fiscal
Moderate Conservative (77). Fiscal

Pretty accurate.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (81).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (90).

Shocker, that.

Yeah, that is how I felt about many questions, especially the last two.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (29).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (60).

Sounds about right.

For me:

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (26).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (16).

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (53).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (87).

I can deal with that.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (83).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Conservative (93)

Damn, there go my Leftist credentials…

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (12).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (11).
Your score is on a scale of 0 to 100, with 0 being fully liberal and 100 being fully conservative.

No great shock.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (13).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (4).
Anyone care to debate that result?

Didn’t think so.

Damn! Mockingbird is more liberal than I on the social issues of the day. Guess I need even more of a bleeding heart. All’s not lost though. I still am the most liberal with everyone else’s money!

:smiley:

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (18).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (22).

Though the bias and lack of nuance (us Libs sure love that nuance!) in the questions was rather overbearing, like a cartoon view of liberalism.

Moderate Liberal (35) on Non-Fiscal issues, Centrist (60) on Fiscal issues.

More or less what I expected, and it goes a long way towards explaining my problems with most Californian politicians…

I’ll chime in.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Moderate Liberal (25).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Centrist (46).

Once again, few of the choices offered adequately reflected my true feelings. I had to choose something that simply in the ballpark.

On Non-Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (7).
On Fiscal Issues, you rank as a Strong Liberal (8).

:dubious: Imagine what my score would’ve been if I chose one of the anti-gun options. FWIW, the answer closest to my views tended to be left of my actual views.