The Princess Bride 27 years later: Half a great movie!

The actual ending is a bit of a meh*, but yes, the last half is fine.

(*Only because it has to compare to the incomparable)

Someday Micheal Bay or some other Hollywood BLOCKBUSTER!!! guy will announce he;'s gonna do a remake, and we’ll have to kill him.

This interview with Cary Elwes regarding his new book about making the movie is worth a read. Especally the part about Andre’s prodigious drinking.

I want my FATHER back, you SONOFABITCH!

Yeah, the OP is totally wrong on this one.

Let me explain. <beat> No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

That was an excellent interview! Curiously, it has spurred some interest in acquiring his book. It is curious because although I like PB, it likely wouldn’t even appear on my “Top 50” movie list. That book sure sounds like a damn fun read tho.

It’s the greatest thing in the world, except for a nice MLT – a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich? When the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatoes are ripe; they’re so perky; I love that!

neither half is very good, just kind of blah. Far from the worse movie, but I’ve never felt the urge to see it again.

And another WRONG! voice is heard.

You change your username right this second!

(Word to the wise - socks are now acceptable. Check this ATMB thread where SiamSam and SiamSam222 both post and none of the moderators care.)

Much like recommending restaurants to friends, movies fall into the same category.

Don’t do it. Opinions vary too much.

To the pain!

The moderators in that thread gave Siam_Sam specific permission to create a sock account. So far as I know, the general rule still stands.

Not really. The inflection is declarative, there’s no hint of a question mark to it.

And I’m pretty sure it was in the book.

We’re trying to get to the bottom of a problem SiamSam is having. Socks are not otherwise allowed.

I wonder if he is using the same film we are using?

I think you’re bluffing.

You need Fezzik to jog your memory.

Got it. Sorry. :slight_smile: