The Princess Bride 27 years later: Half a great movie!

Lucky for me I’m currently stark raving nude from my ankles down! Whew! :smiley:

You know how much I love watching you work, but I’ve got my country’s five hundredth anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped!

He didn’t mishear. Miracle Max takes one look and sizes up Andre the Giant. “You are the brute squad!” = you could be an entire army just by yourself, you’re so mammoth. You’re the equivalent of like 10 other guys put together.

Minor threadjack, but with this line (and the subsequent “take care of your health”)… doesn’t it seem there’s the hint that they had sum’n a little closer than your average Prince + Count?

Gotta admit, I always picked up a hint that there was something between the Count and the Prince. But maybe it’s just me.

NO! To the PAIN!

I’ll explain and I’ll use small words so that you’ll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon.

No thanks, he might jog me too hard.

The last line of the movie is simply the capstone of the entire fine edifice.

“As you wish.”

The best film *ever *about a man introducing his grandson to the joys of reading.

Does anyone know if the Kindle edition will display photographs on the Paperwhite? Just went to pre-order Elwes book and stopped short of purchasing the Kindle edition. I rarely buy paper books anymore but will have to now if I can’t see the pictures.

Oh, and to stay on topic, the OP is (only mostly?) dead wrong. This film shines from start to finish~

Not to me; It sounded like a polite, friendly exchange. It was totally the messed up fantasy version of “I’d love to go out out drinking, Bob, but I’ve got X, Y and Z all running me ragged.” “No worries man, take care and don’t get sick.”

Just watched it this weekend, and I agree. I think it’s just more Christopher Guest’s Count being a creepy motherfucker.

That said, he of course sounds exactly like he wants to take the guy back to his place and tie him up and have his way with him: “Come, sir, we must get you to your ship.”

On rewatching, I agree.

“I just sucked one year off of your life. Tell me, how do you feel?”

haunting sobs

“…Interesting.”

“If we only had a wheelbarrow!”

That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me!

It won’t be the last.

And you shouldn’t going swimming for at least, what, an hour? Yeah, an hour. A good hour.

and a holocaust cloak.