The Simpsons' 'Mrs. Krabappel' has died

Could her name be added to the thread title for those of us who don’t watch The Simpsons and have no idea who Mrs Krabappel is? I’m sure there are more than just me.

Another oldster who remembers her from the Bob Newhart Show. Her character was one of the reasons that show was so memorable. RIP, “Carol.”

the next new episode, where the could stick an “in memorium” in the credits will be November 3, “Four Regrettings and a Funeral”.

If that’s the episode where they kill off another, different character, maybe not. In fact, I wonder if they’ll reschedule. Assuming they’re able.

My first recollection of Marcia Wallace is actually from the “Merv Griffin Show”, where she was a fairly frequent guest, and could be counted on to make risque remarks and puns. RIP to a fun personality and distinctive voice.

I’m a bit surprised she hasn’t been mentioned on MeTV, which airs reruns of the “Bob Newhart Show.” When a celebrity on one of the shows they air passes away, they usually run an “In Memoriam” notice.

Did she? I know she voiced Roswell’s other characters (e.g. Miss Hoover, Helen Lovejoy), but I thought the reason they killed off Maude was because Roswell wasn’t doing the voice any more.

GSN will be airing a “tribute” on November 1 from 8 AM to noon Eastern - four episodes of CBS-era Match Game, two of Password Plus, and two of The $100,000 Pyramid.

Also, tonight MeTV will be running two episodes of “Bob Newhart” centering around Carol.

“The Crash of 29 Years Old”

“Carol’s Wedding”

Very sorry to hear she died. Most uncromulent.