The "Six Feet Under" Catch Phrase Thread

One of the reasons I love this show is the great lines from some of the characters. Yeah, they won’t really end up as catch phrases, but wouldn’t if be great if they would?

From this week’s episode

Tell me your favorite SFU lines.

I hope that one day, my poor, sweet, innocent Arthur will come back.

How can anyone forget this gem:

Claire once said “he smokes like a fish.” That caught on in our house.

From one of the very first episodes, when Claire steals the foot of the guy chopped up in the giant mixer, and Keith is helping her look for it in the field, they’re talking about why he likes David (Claire doesn’t get it - she also has just figured out that David is gay and that he and Keith are a couple), and he says most guys like the fantasy of him, not really him, and Claire says, “Oh, Big Black Sex Cop, huh?” to which Keith says “Yeah.”
I can’t look at Keith without thinking Big Black Sex Cop.

“We should all work with dogs.”

Not really my favourite, but you stole my new fave, Porcupine. Plus… you know, we should all work with dogs!

You say that like it’s a bad thing…

David, repeatedly-

“I have a headache.”

It has to be said with the right inflection, though. It’s a killer in the singular household.

There are a lot of good lines I like but can’t think of offhand (and again, Keith’s line from this past episode has got to be my new favorite)…here’s one though.

Nate: This is my…uh…girlfriend.
Brenda: I prefer the term “fuck puppet.”

Claire: I may have taken that foot, though.

Useful whenever my husband or I ask one another “Did you take my _______?”

This is from a few seasons ago. I’m sure some of you will recognize it right away. :slight_smile:

Rico: "What the fucking FUCK?!"