The song "Hey Ya" can officially suck my dick

“Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright…”

Do I have to kill myself if I also like “The Way You Move”? Wouldn’t one overplayed Outcast song cancel out out the other?

Damn it! I was going to tell him to lend me some sugar because i’m his neighbour.

you know what to do-oo-

This song rocks. dont like it? dont listen to the radio. or watch TV. nothing lasts forever. now, where are my panties…?

Damn you, Nutty Bunny! Now I look as repetitive as the song.

: points and laughs and Greywolf73 : but not as repetitive as you!

And for all you haters out there (in case you ain’t seen the other threads), how could you hate it after this?

We NEED a smiley for this.

Velma, I’m never the first to post anything. Yay me!

GODDAMN that is a great great song! I must be a Neanderthal but I only heard it cuz of the Charlie Brown thing. It makes me so happy. It’s really brilliant stuff. What album is it on? I must own it. I searched UBL but all they had was “The Australian CD” which only had two numbers on it. It sounds like there is another album… Is it on that magnum opus double album that came out a while ago? Thanks for helping this poor shut-in.

Don’t want to meet your mama
Just want to make you come-a

It is an excellent song. Outkast represents a marked deaparture from the rest of rap music, with harmonic complexity, melodic interest and rhythmic complexity.

The beat is really interesting. It is a steady 4/4, but on every third measure, it goes 6/4 while keeping the same quarter note beat.

Outkast recently released a double album, called Speakerboxxx/The Love Below. Essentially, Outkast is two artists, and they each made their own albums (with help from the other) and packaged them together.

“Hey Ya” is on Andre 3000’s album, The Love Below.

“The Way You Move” is on Big Boi’s album, Speakerboxx.

Both of the albums are brilliant. I’ve been playing them both non-stop. Here’s a review you might be interested in reading.

Some decades hence, “Hey Ya” is going to be listed among the all time greatest Pop music, right up there with “Satisfaction”, “Stairway to Heaven”, and “Hey Jude”.

Haha, its truely a shame what American radio play can do to a song. I never really listen to the radio at home in America or here in Europe, but I had never heard it before so I suppose it doesn’t get much play in Germany. I kinda like it, and i find it much better than “Who let the dogs out.” Don’t get mad because its too popular. We need a better selection of music in America so we don’t just overdo a single song. Supposedly it was on Howard Dean’s Campaign trail for a while.

I’ve never heard the song. Should I consider myself lucky?

See, this is why I hardly ever listen to the radio…

I clicked the link that jjimm provided – it links to a video of the “Peanuts” gang dancing to the song. I couldn’t make it through the whole song (first time hearing it).So , yes ** Lord** you are lucky never to have heard it. (To the others who like this song , I’ll concede the slight possibility that it gets better after the first 15 seconds.)

I really didn’t want to like this song, but it got under my skin (in a good way). I’m diggin’ it now.

It was my first time hearing it with the charlie brown thing too.

Funny thing is I like it - and the last rap music I like was Ice-T’s Body Count stuff.

But I don’t listen to comercial radio - :slight_smile:

I haven’t heard it. Does someone have a link to a demo mp3 or something???

I love this song more than anything. I want to spread it out on the ground and roll around in it. I’ve listened to it a million times and I still love it love it love it, and love the whole album.

I wanna shake this thread like a Polaroid picture

I hate it too. In fact, I hate it so much I can refer to it as “that one song I hate” and my husband will know exactly which one I’m talking about.

I can’t even tell you why I hate it…over-exposure is certainly part of it, but there’s just something that bugs me…