The Straight Dope Nation

No problem with being under Australian law - but do we have to be under Queensland law?

:wink:

I’m in for another $10,000. That should make for a current total of $23,120. How much more do we need?

And Crunchy Frog: class is what it’s all about, isn’t it?

I’m in for $500. I really want to live on an Island.

I’m already working on my lord of the flies Outfit.
If we get enough people, whey not try for:
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/muttoneuir.htm

alternatively, the people who dont like rain could go for
http://www.privateislandsonline.com/littlehallcbbh.htm

Oooh, oooh, can I be Mrs. Teasdale?

(http://us.imdb.com/Title?0023969)

If every single registered member chipped in it would only cost about $80 each. $80 to be a co-owner of a country! That’s amazing!
I’m sure through discussion and/or torture we can convince everyone to cough up. I’m in.

I’ll donate a rotting pig’s head that we can keep on a stake as a warning to those who would dare interfere with the anarchistic army that I’ll no doubt be developing and leading once I’m there.

jarbaby

:searching frantically through pockets:

I can throw in $126.95 CDN (about 35 cents), three computer case screws (hmm. wonder which one they’re from),two chapsticks, a lighter, a DB-9 male-male genderbender, and a PS-2/serial port mouse adapter…

Yeah. I too will sell John Cutter’s body. :wink:

Which is why I need to be on this island too. I’ve got $8.37 US and $10.00 CDN in my wallet. Wait, my checkbook is -$537. Um, hmm…
::Bunny comes out wearing a sandwich board that says…
WILL WORK FOR FOOD AND ISLAND LODGING

Is tisiphone female? If so, I think I’m in love. I have an AT/PS-2 keyboard adapter in my pocket.

(boy, that had the potential to be taken tragically wrong! :slight_smile: )

How many screws were required to mount the cover of an original IBM PC?

None–who ever put them back in?

Let me see how my ticket does in the $20 million lotto drawing tonight.

You’ll either get a good donation or pocket change. Okay, more likely lint.

So, are you happy to see her or is that a AT/PS-2 keyboard adapter in your pocket?

I’d be willing to give a $1,000 USD for the Australian one. Most amount of land for the least amount of money respectively. (except maybe the Canadian one)

Then you figure you need a year round curator to keep the place looking nice for all the Dopers visiting. Oh, I know, it could be me. Pick me! Pick me!

:o
Yep, I’m female.
If I wasn’t already taken, you’d be in some trouble…
I might be able to score us a VAX or two (well, two VAXes, three microVAXes, plus associated tape devices) for our new nation, but we’re gonna need Anthracite to set up the power plant first.

Otherwise they may end up at the dump. :eek:

NO!!! eBay them! There are nostalgic VAX geeks out there waiting for you to sell!

Can I be Dear Leader? I’ve always wanted to be a Dear Leader.

I’ll toss in $500; $1000 if I get to be Dear Leader of the resistance. Ohhhh, better idea - $2,000 if jarbabyj’s marriage is considered invalid in Wallyland (if ya know what I mean).

Sua

I’ll toss in $1.34, as long as the extradition are very strict and I can come lay low when the fuzz gets word of my monkeyshines.

I say we take the Colorado approach: no marriage not legal in Dopetopia/Wallyland/whatever-we-settle-on will be recognized. And, since we won’t allow marriage in our nation, ipso facto, no marriage will be valid. As a lawyer, I’m sure you can appreciate that sort of twisted logic. :smiley:

Ooh! I’ve got…lemme see…okay, I’ve got 1 twelve-pack of Faygo cans, that’s $1.20. I’ve got 5 more cases of Faygo (they were on sale, buy one get one free), but they’re not empty yet. Once I drink them, I’ll have $7.20. Unless you want the Faygo instead. Then we’re back to $1.20. :smiley:

I have a kidney I don’t really need-I’ll sell it and turn over the profits. :slight_smile:

AS long as the male Dopers aren’t turned off by the visible scar on my back as I sunbathe…