The too tough to die MMP

WTH, USPS? This package (via FirstMile) started in Salt Lake City, UT, bound for Sacramento, CA. Having it pass through Santa Fe Springs, CA, almost makes sense. So WHAT is it now doing in Yakima, WA? It was IN the destination state, there was no need to divert it 650 miles north of its destination!

Wow! In the middle of a pet food shortage, I landed four cases of Fancy Feast for the cat. Woot!

(applause) Gotta keep the owners happy.

He sounds like my hubby. He used to say things like, “Would you like a coffee?” I would say, “yes.” He would then say, “Could you get me one while you’re up.” :expressionless:

If dad wanted coffee, he’d call to me, ‘Ano ne! Kohi wa kudasai!’ (I’m not sure that’s grammatically correct, but that’s how he’d ask me to bring him coffee.)

Was your dad Japanese?

Not only am I a woman, I’m an OLD, FAT, DISABLED woman, hehehe.

Hubs has been telling everyone he knows about this, quite frankly I’m getting tired of listening to him.

Of course, that’s because he’s bored to tears. Shortly after my last post, his comp refused to go online anymore. Hubs spends more time killing online monsters than I do playing with thread, so no comp is a disaster for him.

We both have tablets, but they really aren’t good for doing computer troubleshooting, so he took my comp over while trying vainly to resurrect his comp. Three days later, I have a borrowed laptop and he is on my comp until his arrives in three weeks. Considering everything happening, I was pretty relieved that it only cost us 2600. I was expecting a larger number.

I’ve been able to read everything and have been sending good thoughts for everyone who’s having troubles and pet issues.

Unknown bummer about the computer. Is Hubs out of your hair now, or will it be a long 3 weeks at the Doe household?

Oh, it’s going to be three very long weeks. I don’t have a souped up gaming computer, I just have a regular ol’ watch youtube and read the dope computer. He’s pulled some parts out of his old one to put in mine which seem to have helped somewhat, but the whining is almost constant. I’d move out on the back porch if it was only just a little bit warmer!

No, but he was stationed there. I used to be able to speak Japanese when I was three and four (I translated for my mom), but I stubbornly insisted on speaking English we we came back to the States and forgot it all.

Anecdote: Mom and I were at the O Club, which had floor to ceiling windows. There was a dog outside, and I was speaking Japanese to it. My mom asked, ‘Why are you speaking Japanese to that dog?’ I told her, ‘It’s a Japanese dog!’

When we were kids, my dad would get this concerned look and say “Stand up for a minute.” Then he’d say “While you’re up…” :rofl:

Good news from FCD’s surgeon - his back pain is not a spinal issue, and his neck issue won’t require surgery either. So huzzah! He’ll be getting a muscle relaxer and some pain meds and he won’t have to make the drive to Baltimore. Yay!

Grilled cheese sammich has been ingested. Chillage predominates.

Gotta try this on the grandkids.

{{{shoe}}} Hope you get your head in a better space soon.

Yay on no surgery for FCD Mooooom!

The apartment is clean, laundry done and groceries bought. I even did a bonus load of Chuck’s and deck shoes (they’re my summer casual kicks) and they’re drying hung on the shower rod. Now for chillage.

OK, is this not the most adorable child in the history of adorable children?? My daughter seems to have a gift for catching him smiling.
Imgur

I have completely wasted this evening - mostly playing stupid games on my tablet. Hope I’m not too rested to sleep tonight…

Ha! I have a coded message for a Mumper. I got something in the mail today and I’ll send it on tomorrow. You know who you are. :disguised_face:

My sister and BIL got back yesterday from Ecuador. She and he were on a birdwatching tour, and she says she added 150 lifers to her list. Also said the food was great everywhere she went. I am in the Audobon Society but I’m not obsessive about it and havent made lifer lists, as I’m not good at IDing with a glance, like she is.I’m still looking forward to viewing her pictures.

Glad to hear that FCD won’t need spinal surgery. I remember an old movie with Jennifer Jones in which, as an aging woman, she is speaking with a surgeon who will be performing back surgery on her. When he starts talking about her waking up after the operation she looks him straight in the eye and asks “Where?” and he replies “I don’t know”

purplehorseshoe, I am sure that chilling with the kittehs will do the trick. Or watch the YouTube channel The Dodo, with all the happy ending animal videos.

Yes!!

The red swan bays at the autumn moon…

wounds my heart with a monotonous languor…

OK, been a pretty good day. Got my swimmin’ in (did 18 lengths (450 yds), then 10-12 minutes in the whirlpool, then another 450 yards in the pool, then 20 minutes in the sauna room). Came home and took a short break, then when out to the soccer fields to help, ended up refereeing some 12U players, so got a little running in. It was about 65F when we started (5:30pm) and now at 8pm it’s 50F and falling fast. They are predicting 1-3" of snow tonight, which will drive the N. Ali-bama drivers crazy. Good day to stay indoors, I believe.

doggio, sounds like you are becoming the irreplaceable man. Good luck.

talky, thanks for sharing the info. Hope it works for the best. And cannot comment on husband-unit and his lunch habits, being a life-long bachelor.

{{shoe}}. Hope freakouts dissipate.

Cookie, your cats adore you (not that they’ll ever let you know it…)

And then you hit him with the waffle iron…

Unknown, I have never gotten into or understood the attraction of on-line games (of course I spend way to much time playing spider solitaire on the computer to learn…), but hopefully it will not lead to you committing husbandcide…

FCM, great news on FCD. Now as long as he doesn’t overdo it on the boat and hurt something else (forlorn hope). And the kid has a much better head of hair that I ever have had!

OK, need to finish my internettin’ for the night and prepare for the freezin’. All y’all take care.

I haven’t either, but most people don’t understand my enjoyment of playing with thread. If somehow I was out of needles for three weeks, I’d be bouncing off the walls too. I like to think I wouldn’t be nearly as annoying as hubs is being, though.

He’s managed to get one of his games limping along on my computer but in the process wanted to delete all of the little arcade games i sometimes play and asked me about them one. at. a. time. OK, fine, I can get them back. Then he wanted to put my pics on a flash drive because all twenty of them were taking up too much room. I told him to not bother because I back everything up and he should just reformat my comp to clean every thing out, so he thought I was mad and pouted for a while before deciding that I also need a new fancy pants computer to make up for making me mad and then pouted when I told him that I didn’t need a new computer, I just needed him to leave me alone because I couldn’t keep count with the constant interruptions.

Husbandcide is a distinct possibility and we are only at day two.

FCM of course your grandkids are the cutest grandkids in the history of grandkids. It’s just a given! Good news about FCD not needing surgery.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave. It’s 57 degrees now, which is the high temp for today. There is a Dense Fog Advisory now, and severe thunderstorms when I get off work.

Apparently he has forgotten about The Cane of JusticeTM

Turkey trots to water.

Indeed.