The World's Greatest ______ Is A Female.

athlete

The worlds greatest living Prime minister is Female (you know who).

The worlds best Monarch is female

Ummmm, I would say that the greatest computer scientist was Alan Turing.

Oh, and Sonya Thomas is DEFINITELY not the world’s greatest competitive eater, until such time as she wins the Coney Island hot dog eating competition. Granted, she beat MANY of the men there, who outweighed her by hilarious margins, but she did not win it.

Anyhow, these are more individual accomplishments than lifetime achievements, but if my recollection of the Guinness book is correct:
-The longest running play in history was by Agatha Christie
-The best selling novel in history is (or was, for many years) Valley of the Dolls, by some woman with two first names
-And of course, the biggest selling children’s book series in history is by J K Rowling

The most innovative chef in America? Alice Waters.

The greatest guerilla liberator ever? Harriet Tubman.

The greatest abstract algebraist of the 20th Century? Emmy Noether.

Plus I’d give the “Greatest Computer Scientist” award to Ada Byron Lovelace.

Driver?

… bwahhaahahhahahahaha…

Can’t we change that to Hannah Arendt or something?

The worlds greatest monument designer is Maya Lin

The world’s greatest cold-water swimmer (swimming long distances in Antarctic waters) is female: Anne Cox.

I don’t know if the best long-distance swimmer is a woman but it’s a distinct possibility.

The world’s greatest person at trying to get her country out from under a bad government is Aung San Suu Kyi.

…active astronaut…

Lt. Col. Eileen Collins will command the Discovery on STS-114, the Return to Flight mission scheduled for this spring. She was the first female Shuttle pilot and the first female to command an American space mission: She commanded the Columbia on STS-93 and deployed the Chandra X-Ray Observatory.

The worlds greatest rock climber is (or at least was) a female.

Lynn Hill was the first person to free climb El Capitan in Yosemite.

Others may disagree, but I think the world’s current greatest track star is female: Carolina Kluft.

I believe you mean Lynne Cox, and I’d agree.

The greatest pool player in the entire world is female, and her name is Allison Fisher.

Oh yeah, and she’s hot too!

Soccer scorer - Mia Hamm, I believe.

Pele scored 1280 goals in 1360 games, and he is second to Arthur Friedenreich, another Brazilian.

Mia Hamm didn’t score more goals in college than either Thompson Usiyan (men, App State, 1977-1980 with 255) or Danielle Fotopoulos (SMU, 1994-1996 with 284).

My apologies, the NCAA numbers are for points, not goals.

Danielle had 118 goals, Mia had 103.

I guess it depends on your definition.

Here’s one link:

And from the US Soccer Hall of Fame:

Not only that, but she turned me into a newt.

Allison Fisher couldn’t crack the top 100 on the men’s tour. She tried to make it on the men’s snooker tour and couldn’t.

The best women pool players in the world play about the level of decent collegiate male players. The highest recorded run by a woman in straight pool is around 86 balls. The highest recorded run by a man is 526. Men routinely score runs over 100.

I have no idea why this is the case.

I"d have to say the greatest contributer to the blind, and overcomer of personal physical limitations was a woman. Helen Keller.

I nominate, for best general aviation flight instructor, one Evelyn “Mama Bird” Johnson, based as Tennessee’s Moore-Burrell airport in Morristown.

She has taught more than 3,000 people how to fly and as a designated examiner for the FAA has signed off on more than 9,000.

As of this year, she has logged over 57,000 hours in the air and, at 95, is still flying.

She’s a very nice lady. If you’re in Morristown drop into the airport and if she’s on the ground go ahead and say hi - loudly, she’s a bit hard of hearing what with 60 years of being around loud engines. I suspect she’s going to retire in the next year or two, which is understandable, but gosh darn it, there’s no one else with that sort of experience around. Even if you can’t get flight time with her, any advice she gives in regard to aviation is worth its weight in gold.

Alaska - Where Men are Men… and Women Win the Iditarod!