The World's Greatest ______ Is A Female.

Fill in the blank in the following sentence:
The greatest ______ in the entire world is a female.
Provide her name, and tell us what it is that she has accomplished that puts her ahead of everyone else in her field of expertise.

Thanks.

The greatest wife in the entire world is a female.

And she’s mine. And her birthday was yesterday, so Happy Birthday to the Greatest Wife in the World, who is a Female.

Ellen MacArthur
She just set the record for sailing around the world solo.

The greatest ______ in the entire world is a female.

softball pitcher

It’s either Lisa Fernandez or Jennie Finch.

*The greatest lying cheating no good asshole in the world is female *and I know, cause I dated her for too damn long.

But then I met the greatest friend and lover in the world, who is also female, and she ended up keeping me

The world’s greatest mom in the world is a female. And she’s mine, so back off!

I know there are lots of great moms here (but you’re still not as good as my mom). :stuck_out_tongue:

IMO, the world’s best folk artist is Joni Mitchell.

Some regard Ayn Rand as the greatest philosophical mind of the 20th Century.

The worlds greaterst percussionist is Evelyn Glennie. http://www.evelyn.co.uk/

The world’s greatest eater is Sonya Thomas.

Though I vehemently disagree, some claim Marilyn vos Savant is the world’s smartest person. (Smarter than Cecil? Blasphemy!)

It has been said that the world’s greatest shooter was Annie Oakley. (Though I think she was an extraordinary shot, IMO that title rightfully goes to Adolph (“Ad”) Toepperwein. At least for rifle shooting.)

The World’s Greatest Aerobatic Pilot is a woman, named Patty Wagstaff. I used to fly her airplane, a Pitts S2B.

The worlds greatest impact physicist is Luba. Or at least was. There might be someone better now. I don’t know how to pronounce or spell her last name.

A little background. Luba was a friend of the family. One night we were at a party at her house and my Dad took me aside and started talking to me*. It went something like this:

Dad: You know it is extremely rare to be the very best at what you do.
Me: Yeah.
Dad: Remember Luba. She is the absolute best in the world at what she does. There is no one in the world who can do what she does better. She is the very best. You might meet 4 or 5 people in your life who are the absolute best at what they do. Luba is one of those. Remember that.
Me: What does she do, exactly?
Dad: Impact physics. If you ever want to know anything about impacts she is the one to ask. She knows more than anyone.
Me: Cool (slightly awed)

I asked around after that and other people** said the same thing, that Luba was the best at what she did.

Luba was an odd duck. She was very cool and way smart. I haven’t seen her in years but if I ever need to know something about an impact event I know who to ask.

Slee

• My Dad rarely, make that never, makes these kinds of statements. ‘Pretty good’ is high praise from him.

** The other people I asked all had PHDs in physics and they all agreed. My Dad has a PHD in math but he is pretty good at physics as well.

free-diver

If you don’t know what this is, it involves descending into the water on an iron slded and going as deeply as possible, then surfacing - all of which must be done on one breath.

Her name is Tanya Streeter and she broke the women’s record AND the men’s record in this one dive. She made it to 400 feet below the surface, and returned, in a round trip time of 3 minutes 38 seconds.

Lesbian?

cough. gasp. wheez. thud.

The greatest dogsled racer in the entire world is a female. Susan Butcher.

I don’t have cites, proof or names, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the world’s greatest sharpshooters is a woman.

The greatest computer scientist is (was) a woman. Admiral Grace Hopper.

http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Hopper.Danis.html
:smiley:
Max.

Yes, but these are the same people who put on fake Russian accents and wear capes to work.
Seriously, though, if we’re talking about great female philosophers, Hannah Arendt would definitely be on the list.

So, you’re the guy that ended up with my ex. :smiley:

The greatest Witch: Her name is Starhawk. She uses her Witch energy for peace action (helping people to deal with chaotic street protest areas safely) and for the environment, planting green growing plants all over.

Laughing… so… hard… I… can’t… breathe… gasp!