The Worst Witch (TV Series)

Well, it is a show about an all-girls witch academy, and is kind of like Harry Potter but on a smaller scale.

In fact, I think it was written long before Harry Potter, not sure though, anyway I really suggest checking it out if you can’t get enough of “the magical world”.

The website: http://www.galafilm.com/worstwitch/english/

I think you can get the books and DVDs of the episodes on amazon, try amazon.co.uk

I was just about to start a thread on this! Thank you–I started watching it this week and was wondering if it was before or after Harry Potter. Thank you so much for the link. May I also add this link?

I remember seeing it (here in the UK) a long time ago.

Can’t remember if it was before or after philosopher’s stone.

I remember seeing a movie by the same name on cable maybe about 13 years ago. It did take place at a “young witches’ academy” and the headmistress was played by the same actress who played Mrs. Garrett on The Facts of Life.

Ah - just found the IMDB page for it. 1986.

I thought this thread was going to be about which was the worst TV series: Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie or Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.

Long before Harry Potter. I was a big fan of the movie.

It does have Tim Curry’s saddest role ever, too. I’m itching to watch it again now…

I read the book to my daughter and wife in 1985-86 and it wasn’t new then. There were, I believe three books in the series. The books are actually much better than the HBO specials.

I’ve seen it. It was a long time ago. It bored me.

I loved the movie so much I bought a VHS copy of it.

It has some bad acting but it also has Tim Curry…

I have been intrigued by the show when I’ve seen that it’s on but I’ve never seen it. Anyone seen both the series and the movie care to tell me if they are similar at all–other than basic plot?