The ZPG Zealot handshake thread party extravaganza

Pretty much what I was thinking, whether that meant;

“Nothing happened to me. I got several men fired for sexual harassment, ruined their reputations and their careers and now everyone is terrified to be in the same room with me. Life is good.”

I once got accused of being a Think Tank Of One.

But I think I’ll add Sub-Culture Of One to my business cards…

Jackson D. Diggersby

Writer Of Wrongs
Herder Of Nerfs
Sub-Culture Of One
Have Pez. Will Travel.

No, in a business context it is extremely rude to single out the women for special treatment.

If you feel like you might run into someone like ZPG-zealot, you could ask every person you meet if they shake hands, but then everyone will think you are weird.

^ This. When I posted in defense of her the other day, I hadn’t yet read the latest depths to which she sank. There is no excuse for any of that disgusting attitude.

I withdraw what I said earlier, because not only is there no merit in her claims, her aggressive pushing of them in the face of everything means she is totally looking for a fight.

I was not insulting the group for denouncing her. It was just my instinctual wariness of everybody dogpiling an individual—and, as I already posted—quite apart from the clear merits of the arguments against her. I was trying to be fair by holding out a futile hope that she might have worthwhile contributions to make on other topics—but I was wrong. Also, I didn’t run away—I’m just not much of a Pit thread participant. But now I’ve changed my mind. Infanticide? Slut-shaming? The fuck? The sick stuff she asserts shows a depraved hostility to human dignity (and a depraved hostility to common fucking sense). Every excuse she’s offered, most of all the religious/cultural one, has been thoroughly debunked, demolished, and she hasn’t the ghost of a leg to stand on. She’s dug herself too deep to ever extricate herself and it is not a pretty sight.

So now I really have no more to add. Peace out.

Once again I feel compelled to point out that ZPG has expressly stated that this is not merely an aspect of Roma culture, but of all American cultural groups except rednecks.

Bolding mine.

That’s possible. It is also possible she’s just a bigot. Again, I ask that everyone just simplify; she’s a racist.

If you’re a major league racist, it’s your personal opinion on what your culture is that you define as being the only correct way to be a human being. That may be a warped perspective that does not fit in with the majority of people who identify as the same ethnicity as you, as is the case with ZPG Zealot, or it might be a fringe opinion. The fact that it is not actually the way most Roma (or insert ethnic group here as the case requires) thinks is irrelevant. Most white people of Northern European descent do not consider themselves thrash-metal-loving Vikings who should shave their heads, but that’s what white supremacists often seem to believe. It might also result in having to twist yourself in silly illogical knots, such as ZPG Zealot’s insistence that “whore” is not offensive but is offensive, or lies, such as “handshakes aren’t good etiquette except among rednecks,” which is such an obvious lie you’d think she was Donald Trump.

It’s all easier to understand - and dismiss as laughable - if you just view it through the filter of “She’s a racist.” Because she is.

My offering to shake a woman’s hand doesn’t cause her to be beaten, any more than wearing a short skirt causes her to be raped.

Your energy should be focused on the actual misogynist and abusers who literally do treat women as property to be damaged, who aren’t ashamed of it, and then stand behind culture to enable it, as opposed to the person attempting to extend a gesture of respect, who at worst, is typically acting from ignorance. You say it doesn’t excuse the abuser, but by placing that responsibility on someone else, that’s exactly what you’re doing.

The handshake isn’t the heart of this abuse issue. The abuse is the issue.

I’m convinced. But the person most in need of convincing is ZPG Zealot. I’m not holding my breath that will happen any time ever.

(I’m so glad multiquoting works on AWS! It never worked on Citrix!)

I just wanted to say I love these two posts. A very good encapsulation of the entire thread.

Thank you, Johanna. I don’t really like being called a gender traitor just for being the kind of woman I want to be, and I was surprised to see you defending her. I don’t dogpile and I didn’t add to this mess, but I am glad other people are patient enough to go through it line by line.

• stands and applauds *

Or this

stands and applauds

She has also said she wouldn’t do fortune telling for some races, so no matter how you define racist, there she is.

Of course, she’s punishing those races by not scamming them…

I am glad that you did finally read the material and come to the same conclusion as the others – who are familiar with her.

I am curious, though, if calling us un-American is not an insult, then what is it?

Or did I parse the wrong. Were you in fact insulting us, but just for another reason?

This is the quote I think of every time I see ZPG Zealot’s name

Look on the bright side. At least she doesn’t keep her finger on the trigger of her handgun ALL the time…
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=17730547&postcount=36

How’d you like the incredibly vague “close calls” as the reason for her being trigger happy against males? Seriously, that post you’ve linked to reinforces my suspicion that those men she referred to earlier as being convicted sex offenders got convicted based on her nonsense.

Yikes!

Well, at this point, i hope she’s just a troll, and not what she describes.

This is actually true. However, in business settings in particular where there is an egalitarian attitude between men and women, that rule has been set aside in the interest of not treating women differently because they’re women. A vast improvement, to my mind.

Cab Driver: “That’ll be $12.65 mam.” [proffers hand]

ZPG [Fires weapon] BAM!!

Later, when police arrive at the scene…

ZPG “He tried to rape me officer!”