There are Web sites dedicated to discussing the SDMB?

Not as long as your Sims doesn’t play The Sims, cuz then the universe will probably fold back on itself and I don’t really want that to happen. I don’t know what it is, but I think it is bad.

:Grabs ShibbOleth’s face:

Transmute. Does that word mean anything to you?

Oooooh. That makes sense.

But they do! Oh, snap!

Plus what if your Sim playing Sims got an expansion before you did. It would be like the scene of Spaceballs the Movie in Spaceballs the Movie

so the Universe has already folded in on itself?

Figures.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s more confused by that explaination rather than less. :wink:
’Mika, call yourself whatever you wish, for whatever reasons you find appropriate, I won’t care. You’re still neato.

Blame it on Greenback. He asked, so I explained.

And thanks, Otaku. I think you’re neat, too, but this thread is going to the Pit, so I’m not going to be too nice. :slight_smile:

So.

Well.

Ok, dang it, if one were going to google for ‘another board’, what would one google for? With? Over? Whatever.

There’s a link from the SDMB entry in Wikipedia. Or you could google ‘snarkpit’.

If we link to the thread with the link to this thread in this thread, how will we know who is reading this thread and reading the link from this thread, and who is reading the linked thread and reading the link from that thread?

aaauuuuggghhhh! My head! I think my brain just exploded.

Not anymore. It’s been sanitized. I had to try like three different google combinations to find it myself, and was amazed to find that anyone cares enough about what a “retarded” asshole I am to take the time to tell strangers on the internet about it. But even so, it was kind of underwhelming. Mostly they just talk about how they hate trannies and fat people, and then whip themselves into a lustful frenzy over like ten board members whose popularity drives them insane with jealousy, or something.

No, it’s probably not that. I think some people are just too dumb to do anything but react to triggers, and the snark boarders seem mostly to be triggered by anyone they think isn’t normal, straight, and stunningly attractive like themselves. Push the button and the little clockwork monkeys dance. Vaguely interesting for a moment, but ultimately mindless and boring.

More to the point, if we link to the thread with the link to this thread in this thread, how will we know who knows that they’re discussing that we’re discussing that they’re discussing what we discuss, as opposed to the people who are just discussing what we discuss, after having followed the link from this thread to the thread with a link back to this thread?

I’ll just be over here picking a peck of pickled peppers …

I was actually being serious. I remember the Elenias, but never connected them to Mika.

EE, yes and no. A good deal of the posts on the other board are trolling. Others are parodying trolls. I doubt more than a handful of the people really hate as many of the groups and people mentioned.

It serves a vital purpose, keeping the majority of the dumbness and hatred (real or fake) contained off the board. That board has stopped a lot more trouble on this board than it has caused.

And its’ “Dance puppets, dance,” nubcakes.

That may be, but I hardly see the purpose of a bunch of trolls trolling other trolls. They all agree too much for it to be just that. I think more people are bitter and nasty inside than we want to believe, and they only let it show when anonymous. Even if they’re don’t actually, like, feel hate all the time, obviously in order to get your kicks like that you can’t exactly be Captain Compassion.

And just to note, the majority of people who cause problems for others through racism, sexism, homophobia and so on are just ordinary people who don’t consider themselves hateful, not a bunch of Fred Phelps clones.

You win. Sorry, RickJay, I don’t like the possibilities this thead has for an message board war.