There I am!

There is a local hot air balloon festival here each summer. One year a launch was scheduled for six am over the river on a Saturday morning. I got up at 5:15, yawn, put my little yellow kayak on the car, and put in a little while before launch time. The balloons went up (they don’t always), and it was beautiful, and I enjoyed my close up seat.

About three years later I was browsing in a “local artists” store. There was a matted photo of hot air balloons going up over the river. In the foreground of the photo was a guy in a yellow kayak. Yup, me!

Since the artist wanted $150, I am not the owner of the print. STILL!

This reminds me… one day during the summer I was waiting for a bus at the corner of Goodfellow and Lansdowne in Peterborough, Ontario. I just went and checked the streetview. There I am!

Just remember - wherever you go, there you are.

One nice summer Sunday early morning in 2013 that thing drove right down my cul de sac and immortalized one of our three cats inflagranti happily running away from elderly neighbor with a steak in his jaws (we already assumed he had other easy accessible nutrition sources). That pic was revoked after a month or so and replaced with one that was taken a minute or so earlier. Both actors still in the frame.
https://goo.gl/maps/uaWADgTdCHP2

I know someone who was in her driveway with her dog when when the Google car came by. They neglected to blur out her face and she can be clearly seen staring at it. Since she’s elderly and not computer literate, she was no doubt wondering what that thing on top of the car was all about. I wonder if I should ask Google to blur out her face for her?

They did blur out the license plates of the two cars parked next to her but I suppose they have a program that recognizes those. I imagine faces might be a little harder.

I checked out my home address a while back and my 2 big black dogs were snoozing on the back deck. That was pretty cool.

It’s no longer there, but the old Google streetview of the street outside my house used to show my old Saturn in the parking area and my cat Lucia sitting in the living-room window, even after both the car and Lucia were gone. I screen-capped and saved that image.

I read the other day where street view caused a divorce …

Supposedly this guys wife was from south America and went to a beach town somewhere in brazil when she was in college it was (a well known tourist spot ) anf she loved the place

Well he looked it up as a anniversary vacation and apparently shed been there more recently than he knew because there was a picture of her on a beach in a band aid of a swimsuit with her “friend” nibbling on her …… Two years before he looked it up ………

She confessed she never exactly broke it off with her first BF and the marriage ended ……

Thanks for mentioning this. It reminded me that my hubby had mentioned seeing a Google car at a certain intersection this summer. I just looked and, sure enough, there he is on his motorcycle!

Zoom…enhance…rotate…crop…cut…paste…upload to internet and conduct search on all police and government databases…

And we have a match!

Deckard, is that you?

Seems unlikely. Didn’t Google blur the faces, as they normally do? Did he identify her from her swimsuit?

While I was at my former job (summer of 2010), I’d gone out to lunch with a couple of my colleagues. As we were about to re-enter our office building, we saw the Google car. And, yes, a few months later, the three of us showed up on the Street View pictures of that intersection. Our faces were blurred out, but it was clearly me, given that I had on the t-shirt from a Yes concert, which was still plainly visible. :slight_smile:

The Street View pictures have long since been updated, and my moment of fame has passed.

They usually have superceded images available on streetview. Go to the section of road that it would appear in and look at the box in upper left part of the image. There should be the date (month-year) of the image and an arrow next to it. Click on that arrow to select older images.