They discontinued Sugar-Free Kool-Aid

One of those paper packets of KoolAid makes 2 quarts of the stuff, and you need to add one cup of sugar (or the sweetener equivalent) (more or less to taste) to this. Splenda and its generic equivalent measure the same as sugar, so you add a cup of Splenda instead of sugar, or you add a quarter cup of sugar and three quarters cup of Splenda, or whatever adds up to the sweetening power of one cup. I like sugar better than Splenda, but I like having lower blood sugar than I like sugar.

Also, KoolAid will taste much better if you make it up and let it chill for several hours before you drink it. One of my bedtime chores is to check how much KoolAid is in the fridge, and if there’s less than two servings, I make up more.

I also keep a jug of plain tap water in the fridge. Our city tap water tastes pretty good, but chilled water tastes better, especially during the summer. I don’t bother filtering it. If I lived someplace that had bad-tasting water, I would filter, or buy water, but our water is perfectly tasty right out of the tap, and plain water is GOOD for you.

:frowning: I think some of you have forgotten your inner child. Mio and Crystal Light have nothing close to the flavour of Koolaid, at least the orange and grape versions. Mio is on that funky adult flavour bandwagon with stuff like Berry Pomegranate and Crystal Light is too tart and not sweet enough.

Out of curiosity, in the US, do the Koolaid Singles require 2 singles to make a water bottle? If you look at Crystal Light singles, one packet will make a 500ml bottle of water, but the Koolaid Singles are bigger packets that only make 250ml.

I bought and made the Margarita flavor mix because the store was out of limeade, and now I feel like I’m grooming my kids to become bar drinkers. It really tastes a lot like a Margarita.

Well don’t drink it.

Just don’t.

The margarita flavored Jelly Bellies taste a lot like margaritas, too, except without the salt. One of my friends had to abstain from alcohol for a while because she was taking some medication (?antibiotics?), and she was missing her margaritas. So I got a margarita glass and filled it with Jelly Bellies. Mostly the margarita flavor, but I added in some Mandarin orange (for the orange liqueur) and some Very Vanilla (for the salt) on the top layer. She thought it was adorable.

I like Jelly Bellies because they have an intense flavor, and I can eat a couple of the beans and be satisfied.

What is this world coming to? Didn’t the folks at Kool-Aid read the debacle that COKE had following the not-so-smart decision to change the coke formula?

Bring back Sugar Free Kool aid!

I too will be looking for something else to replace it…:mad:

I drink a quart of sugar-free Kool Aid every day. I just mix a packet with 1 cup of Splenda, like **Lynn **suggested.

You can buy Splenda in 1.2 lb bags and even better, have it delivered on a schedule from Amazon.I originally had mine at 6 months but I might change to 4.

Moving over to CS.

I have been getting kool-aid, add sugar packets, recently.

I don’t remember it leaving white slimy stuff at the bottom of the container years ago.

I shake it up every time I get a glass.

But, It’s still there at the end.

Citric Acid?..Sugar Fillers?..Melted Plastic?

I don’t taste it, I just clean it and make more. :confused:

The Walmart knockoff has grape and orange flavors!