They should warn guys about hemospermia (perhaps TMI)

My husband starting having this happen a year ago. At first I thought that the blood was coming from me, but feebly suggested that he make sure it wasn’t him. He ignored me… for two weeks, at which point I’d apparently had a headache for enough nights in a row that he found out it was him after all.

It was a chronic thing for him, and his nuts felt sore, too. Antibiotics were the first stab at treatment, and they didn’t work. Oddly enough what did work was FloMax. I guess it increases circulation in the area, which allowed whatever needed to heal, heal. He was on it for three or four months before the blood went away entirely, though there was an almost immediate improvement.

Agrees with WhyNot. I’m really happy I found this thread. There have been several occasions what happened inside as I was cleaning up after making love with my aging husband.

I’m not going to share the female TMI stuff about spotting or tearing, but I did notice the brown on my legs.

Do you… like… scarf down cups of whole milk laced with cane sugar the night before Valentines Day and then when you see your girl say, “C’mere, sweety! Have I got a Treat for You…!” :eek:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that older *women *on blood thinners probably experience more frequent and worse vaginal and vulvar bleeding, too.

And, of course, man or woman, anytime you’ve got an open spot with bleeding involved, you’ve got a much higher risk for Sexually Transmitted Infections, including HIV and hepatitis.

Our medical community really needs to stop ignoring the fact that our Elders have sex. This stuff is important.

<Shudder> I hate to imagine what that post said before he edited it! :eek:

Wow, I’m … impressed. I’ve never had anyone that devoted to the variations in flavor.

Good for you (checks, does not find any envy smiley).
Roddy