Things are opening up. What personal service are you comfortable to try to get?

Were they using paper cups and plates? A local restaurant owner told me that when they are permitted to open with outdoor seating (they have a deck) they will have to provide disposable single-use menus, paper plates, etc. Absolutely no dish washing. She said they are going to do a picnic theme.

Yes, paper cups.

None whatsoever. We are very much the “Wait and see” type. Too many redneck yahoos in this town for us to risk being anywhere they congregate.

That’s our take right now as well. I’m dying to get back in the gym but dare not. Certainly going to continue teleworking because there is no way in hell I’m getting on the metro and sitting in the office with a mask all day long. I miss going to the grocery store but my wife has the ordering thing down to a science so we have more than enough food and lacking for nothing. Can’t sail because charter companies are still closed and I’m not sure how much I trust their ability to disinfect all surfaces when they re-open. I mean, I wouldn’t stay in a hotel or rent a car for the same reason right now.

THE thing that I’m really struggling with is the fact that our son will eventually have leave to come home from where he’s stationed and we’re dying to see him, BUT he’s a Navy medic and while he’s not been infected, he may have been exposed, and we just don’t want to end up literally ‘dying to see him’. This fucking sucks. :mad:

Yep. My daughter (a nurse) and her fiance (an MD) just bought a house. I’ve seen pictures, but haven’t visited. They’re about a two hour drive away. I’d love to go see them and their new house, but no.:frowning:

Nothing yet, but once things are allowed I’m ready for a haircut and a message. I’m not worried about either. Washington State is being pretty careful, so once things open up, I’ll be comfortable with the risks.

I’m looking forward to driving to places where the Firebug and I can go hiking. There was really no covid-related reason why we couldn’t have done that anyway.

I could go for a restaurant with outdoor seating, as long as there was reasonable spacing between the tables, and as long as the seating wasn’t next to a public sidewalk.

I’m still kinda iffy about getting a haircut. It’s not so much whether my stylist and I are wearing masks (non-negotiable AFAIAC), but whether there’ve been other people in that room recently who weren’t wearing their masks or careless with them.

I’m sticking to what we’ve been doing, because the only thing that’s changed at this point is that there are open beds in the ICU. I have had to go back into my office to work, but we have guidelines for masks, social distancing, etc. that I’m quickly becoming the enforcer for. I give mask wearing lessons to anyone who gets within 20 feet of me.

Only thing planned is the calculated risk of a haircut, sometime in the next week or so. Other than that I’m staying away from the public as best I can (right now just one day of work-related exposure per week, and brief trips for groceries a couple times per week). I’ll reconsider if or when I see the numbers in Texas actually declining.

What I’m most looking forward to is getting a massage. I have a membership at Massage Envy and was scheduled for a session when they were shut down. Officially they’re not allowed to open yet, but I just got an email from them about the safety measures they’re going to be putting in place.

Same here. I live in redneck-central and they are giddy at the thought of going back to the bars and restaurants. I had to go out yesterday and it appeared as if things are nearly completely back to normal. Someday I will get back to the gym, but for now I’ll live with my prison workouts and as much cycling as I can fit in.

I know some folks expect they will get infected so they don’t really care too much. I DO NOT WANT TO GET INFECTED. I hate getting sick and this is a scary one with lots of unknowns.

I’m a guy so pretty much everything but that.

We’re opening up restaurants for outside service in my state so last weekend I went to bar that had about 250 people scattered about within the 6 ft distancing guidelines. They can actually serve more people outside than inside.

Most of the bars with patios were packed with people and the 6 ft rule appeared to be measured by men.

As a redneck yahoo, I believe you are being very wise.

I’ll just be happy when one of my local convenience stores will once again let me bring in and fill my own coffee thermos rather than deal with their overpriced, tiny cups.

I visited some friends in a rural Northern CA county over the weekend, one of the counties that has recently “opened”. It was pretty much just us except for 2 activities: we went to a pub and ordered food at a restaurant. The pub was pouring glasses of beer inside, and the line was spread-out with taped-off spacing, but all seating was outside on their lawn, with tables spread-out. The server was masked, but no one outside was (including 2 LEO who were strolling thru). It was actually quite nice sitting outside in the sun sipping a nice stout. The restaurant took orders inside and allowed outdoor seating out back on their patio, again with spaced-out tables. Their bathrooms were open. No one masked, not even the cashier (but was behind plexiglass).

I confess I was a little concerned and wary of others, and observant of everything, but decided to go along with the flow. I’ll know in a couple weeks if I made a mistake, but if OK I am willing to try outdoor restaurant dining as long as precautions (me and them) are evident.

I shave face and head at home anyway so no changes there. A massage would be nice for me, but still only a nice-to-have and not a requirement. I did not really do much personal services before all this. A friend of mine was able to pick-up personalized hair color from her stylist and apply at home with her adult daughters, after watching some youtube about how-to.

My beaches are open, but the parking is closed. I’m hoping the parking opens up and I can hit the beach. Not to lay out all day or even swim (hell, it’s only 51F today), but just take off my shoes and go for a long walk, splashing in the shallows.

I’m letting other people be the first wave back. Let’s see how it goes. Are people going to be wearing masks? Stores going to enforce it?

I haven’t decided what I would be comfortable with at this stage.

This week, Washington has allowed non-emergency medical procedures to start up. I had my dental cleaning scheduled for this week and they called me yesterday to see if I wanted to keep it.

Um yeah, I am in my 60’s, don’t have a car and would need to take a bus to the dental office, and then sit for about 30 minutes with my mouth wide open in a dental setting. We rescheduled it for July. They are still figuring out how it will all work. I don’t want to be the guinea pig.

Nope. I’ll reassess in about 3 weeks.

My completely unsolicited opinion: YIKES!

For a cleaning? I would put that off… well, probably indefinitely. Take a bus? No way. Many offices no longer have open waiting areas and are asking people to stay in their cars until appointment time. Where are you supposed to wait? On the sidewalk? They’re “still figuring it out”?? Your instinct not to be the guinea pig-- listen to it. Skipping the cleaning for a few weeks/even months will not kill you. But a misstep out in public… :frowning:

I went to the dentist on April 3rd just outside of Detroit at the height of the outbreak due to an emergency (cracked filling). There were only three cars in the parking lot of the medical office building when I got there (including mine). It was strange to walk into an empty building and meet up with people who would be sticking their fingers in my mouth. They were a bit uncomfortable as well.

I second not going for just a cleaning. Especially if you have to take public transportation.