Things that get under our skin

> There once was an oyster whose story I tell, Who found that some sand had got into his shell. It was only a grain, but it gave him great pain, For oysters have feelings although they’re so plain. Now, did he berate the harsh workings of fate, That had brought him to such a deplorable state?
>
> Did he curse at the government, cry for election, And claim that the sea should have given protection? No - he said to himself as he lay on a shell, Since I cannot remove it, I shall try to improve it.
>
> Now the years have rolled around, as the years always do, And he came to his Ultimate Destiny - stew. And the small grain of sand that had bothered him so, Was a beautiful pearl all richly aglow. Now the tale has a moral, for isn’t it grand, What an oyster can do with a morsel of sand? What couldn’t we do if we’d only begin, With some of the things that get under our skin.

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Yeah, but he’s still stew.

I thought this thread was going to be about splinters.
– Sylence

“The problem with reality is the lack of background music.” – Anon

I figured deer tics.

The one thing that really gets under my skin is a cloying, moralistic little self-improvement ditty.

:slight_smile:

“The departure of the church-going element had induced a more humanitarian atmosphere.”
Dorothy L. Sayers
Clouds of Witness

“It takes 37 mucles to frown, and only 4 to flip off the guy who’s annoying you.”

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

yeah yeah yeah bite me pluto!!

C-Sue,
That was cute. Did you write it?

Now Sue, you can’t let pluto get to you, you can’t rempve his post, so just try to improve the situation and-

< SMACK! >

Owww!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

I think pluto got under her skin.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart

thanks okatym… it was sent to me by a friend… i thought it was worth posting

So the moral is if something irritates you, don’t do anything about it. After years of irritation it might turn into something valuable, at which point someone bigger and stronger will come along and steal it from you, probably killing you in the process, so they can take all the profit from the pain you have suffered.

Mike you moron…thats NOT IT!

It means that if you have hemroids(sp) and you leave them alone, they turn into pearls.

shakes head You bonehead!

NO. The moral is: If something gets under your skin & bothers you, don’t just sit around complaining about it. What you do with it will change not only the bad thing, but will add value to your existence.

I though the moral was, that sea food gives you haemorrhoids !

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

C’MON GUYS…WE’RE GOIN’ TO CUBA!!

With a quick detour in the pit.

“The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.” - Humphrey Bogart