Things that video games do to you

I googled, and there is a Tokyo Parkour group at meetup.com. Expect to bring superhuman muscles, I’m sure.

I just like the phrase.
How often do you hear “When I was an oceanographer…”

Playing everquest it ocurred to me how great some of this would be in real ife.

test today? Anyone got KEI?
Bully chasing you? Run for the zone in!

I used to play Call of Duty a lot and then found myself looking of enemy air assets while driving.

I think I drive more recklessly after playing GTA.

Yep, when Tomb Raider first came out I’d find myself automatically categorizing distances between things as “Make the jump”, “Make the jump with a grab”, or “Can’t make the jump”.

Driver and GTA-style games…any time you’re driving, seeing a cop car makes you instinctively want to floor it.

I have also looked for ctrl+z after making a bonehead move IRL.

Nice.

A few years ago, when I was playing WOW semi-regularly, my Aunt got sick and I had to make multiple trips to Redding (200 miles) while trying to keep up with things at work and home. About the fifth trip, I found myself thinking “shouldn’t I have found the flight point by now?”

That doesn’t work on me at all. Hiring a maid, however, would make me extremely happy. There is something else I’ve picked up, though: A Sim can have the trait “hates the outside”, which means that every time they leave the house, they get in a bad mood because they’re “plagued by nature”. Thing is, every time they go back inside, they get lifetime happiness points. A trick for earning loads of happiness points if your Sim has this trait, is to repeatedly leave the house for just a second and go back in. Now, the thing is, I have this trait in real life, and it works on me too! Which means that I have found the key to a life of happiness: Go out for quick walks every now and then, just for that happy feeling of getting back home.

Final Fantasy XI made me wish I had a Moogle in my mog house (apartment).

I used to spend a lot of my Grand Theft Auto time basically playing Crazy Taxi. I’d hijack some poor bastard taxi driver’s cab and then pick up all his customers and barely get them alive to their destinations. Now whenever I go to LAX and see the line of taxis outside the terminal, I feel that impulse again. I don’t even drive IRL.

In WoW, I’ve played a rogue since 2006 or so, and most of that time I’ve been in stealth. Several times a year, I have dreams where I’m me, but stealthed like my rogue. I also have spammed my Pickpocket macro while people-watching at the mall.

I’m also working on 60 Exalted reputations, and have in the real world wondered if I’m Exalted with Ralph’s or Rite Aid or various other “factions” I often do business with.

Twice now, I’ve gone to the zoo or aquarium and wondered what loot the animals there would drop.

Parked cop cars want to be stolen.

The game was “Burger Time”. The protagonist was “Peter Pepper”.