Things to do near Sagamore Hill? (Central Long Island, North Shore) in late Spring, Summer or early Fall

I’m plotting a 3-4 day trip to the Theodore Roosevelt House (Sagamore Hill) this year. Thus far I have points of interest:

• Hempstead House
  • Nassau County Museum of Art
  • Bailey Arboretum
  • Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park
  • Sagamore Hill National Historic Site
  • Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium
  • Oheka Castle
  • Cradle of Aviation Museum

This is a great museum if you’re into aerospace. They have a lot of Grumman airplanes and many space artifacts. There is even a fully assembled lunar module, which is very impressive.

You could also visit my friend Dave and his family nearby. But they are less of a tourist destination. :slight_smile:

Cradle of Aviation Museum looked interesting, the kind of museum I tend to enjoy. I figured that would be a good last place to visit before heading home.

I’ll check out American Airpower Museum.

The Big Duck is not my type of thing and much further out than I was planning to go.

As far as seeing Manhattan, I see it on every walk I take in town. I live on the Jersey Bayshore. But a possible place to go. Thank you.

I like how close the Billy Joel one is to Sagamore Hill. Thank you.

It looks like the Waterdrinker farm is much further East than I was planning to go to. Though I should look for some small breweries near Sagamore.

Six Harbors in Huntington