Things to see and do in Santa Fe, NM

Huh. I knew there was a small airport in Santa Fe but thought it was for charter flights.

American and United both fly in/out of there.

When I lived in Albuquerque more than 25 years ago, I never heard of anyone flying to Santa Fe. Have they boosted operations in recent years? Again, there was a tiny airport, but tourists all seemed to land in Albuquerque.

Most tourists still do – certainly most traffic comes through ABQ, and there certainly ain’t any 777s landing at SAF.

My company is based in Santa Fe, with a small regional office in midtown manhattan and when people fly in from HQ to inspect the branch office, about half the time they fly out of SAF instead of taking the shuttle to ABQ (or paying the $4/night parking there).

What was the temperature like? How much snow was on the ground in the hills, if any?

Perfect. Highs in the low 60’s; lows in the low 40’s. It had snowed about a week prior, and there were still patches on the ground at Santa Fe level, and the hilltops looked like they had plenty more. We talked to people who had spent the day skiing in Taos, and they apparently had no complaints.