Things you know about Major League Sports that the Pros don't

For Hockey:

You are a goalie. The opposition shoots the puck down to you and across the goal line. This is “Icing” and there is now going to be a face-off in the Opposition’s zone. This is ok, but your team sucks at face-offs and 4 times out of 5 the opposition will win the face-off and bring the puck down ice and enter your zone. An alternative is to stop the puck before it crosses the goal line and let your defensemen move it up the ice.

Also in Hockey: a player is defending in their own zone and they lose their stick (broken, cannot use it… penalty will be called if they do)…

Baseball, I know some basically useless trivia that most players wouldn’t know.

I do seem to know to check how the player does versus my team’s division rivals and in my ballpark before trading for them or signing them.

Goddam F’n edit window. WTF. anyway…

Also in Hockey: a player is defending in their own zone and they lose their stick (broken, cannot use it… penalty will be called if they do)… You have two options: play without a stick… the Refs will watch you like a hawk and as soon as you lay your hands upon the opposition you will get a penalty. The alternative is to simply go to your bench and get a new stick. This takes about 8 seconds. Teams can stop a 120 second power play (defending with 4 players against 5) for 4 times about of 5) so why wouldn’t you?

Donovan McNabb once admitted after a tied game that he didn’t know a regular season NFL game could end in a tie.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Charlie Manuel got hired from the Cleveland Indians, an AL team where the teams use a DH instead of a pitcher to bat, to the Philadelphia Phillies and NL team where pitchers bat, he admitted he didn’t know what a double switch was.

What is it you know NHL teams don’t? I’ve seen a player go get a new stick a billion times.

in golf you can only have 1 caddy. A guy had his son as caddy and the son let a friend carry the bag for 1 hole. the guy won the tourney but was disqualified for having 2 caddies. This was an amateur tourney.

Yes of course. But they don’t do it when they are under pressure in their own zone… they try to play without a stick and are pretty much useless… just go get a stick and get back in the game.

He then added, “I hate to see what would happen in the Super Bowl and in the playoffs.”

if a goalie loses or breaks his stick a player will give him their stick even though it’s a much smaller stick - it’s better than no stick at all.

Haha and people got on us for running the guy out of town!