Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

> > This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.
> > >
> > >
> > Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 … $10.32 per gallon
> > >
> > Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 …$9.52 per gallon
> > >
> > Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 … $10.17 per gallon
> > >
> > Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 … $10.00 per gallon
> > >
> > Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 … $33.60 per gallon
> > >
> > Vick’s Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 … $178.13 per gallon
> > >
> > Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 … $123.20 per gallon
> > >
> > Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 … . $25.42 per gallon
> > >
> > Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 …$84.48 per gallon
> > >
> > And this is the REAL KICKER…
> > >
> > Evian water 9 oz $1.49…$21.19 per gallon?! $21.19 for WATER

> > and the buyers don’t even know the source.
> > >
> > So, the next time you’re at the pump, be glad your car doesn’t run
on
> > water, Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid Pepto Bismal or Nyquil.
> > >
> > Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your
> > >next trip to the pump…

That’s some expensive brake fluid you have there.

And he’s not getting his Evian on the cheap either.

(this is off to MPSIMS, for sure)

Not if I can help it you syphilitic, pig-fucking, monkey-felching nerf herder.

Whew! Another Pit thread saved by timely intervention.

Where the heck are you finding 9 ounce bottles of Evian? The smallest I’ve seen is 12 ounces. And they’re 75 cents.
But all these things are these prices because the market allows for it.
One of the reasons gas is so damn expensive (only one of the reasons) is because the states and the feds tax the God damn living mother fucking (God I love the Pit;)) shit out of it.

Look, you fucking ignorant sheep-squicking dirt farmer, this is the last goddamn time I’m gonna say it. It was a CHIMPANZEE.

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

…try adding up the economic cost of accidents, roadwork, pollution, asthma, and traffic congestion combined…

Now what, smartie?

Be thankful you don’t have a car that runs on perfume.

I wonder how many miles I can get to a gallon of Ny-Quil?

I don’t know why but that looks suspiciously like some kind of e-mail that has been passed around a few dozen times.

Where the hell do you get a 7oz bottle of whiteout?

Now compare that with the cost of an economy based on a population that can’t travel or interact at anything beyond walking distance, and can’t have any goods larger than what a horse can pack. Don’t worry about those fresh fruits and veggies either.

>>>What makes >>>||you say that?

because mysteriously, mass transit has ceased to exist.

I understand you. How could we live without all those goods, which are shipped by individual passenger automobiles.

Did you hurt yourself?

Not at all. I am, however, aware that industrial trucks, semi-tractor trucks, delivery vans and flatbeds also have to purchase gasoline and diesel at essentially the same price you and I pay, that they contribute to pollution and road wear, are involved in accidents, and are a nontrivial part of congestion.

Cut passenger vehicle usage in half and you’ll have to add a huge number of busses to replace them- congestion may be reduced, but it will not vanish. Now compute the economic costs of time lost while waiting for the bus, having to presumably walk- say, with groceries and children and such- whatever distance, perhaps several blocks, to the nearest bus stop.

Compound that with the loss in retail and vehicle taxes plus the greatly increased public-transit subsidy costs.

So all of a sudden instead of half a gallon of $1.89 fuel, you have to pay five to eight dollars for a bus trip and hope you get home before the ice cream melts.

Ah, that indeed would be utopia.

I’ve never owned a car in my life…but then I don’t like ice cream.

Sometimes I think I am the only one who thinks gas should be more expensive.

Well, thanks for sharing your email. Now for homework, go back and negotiate prices based on volume purchases and without packaging. We’ll wait here, report back when you are done.

You’re not the only one. I would massively increase the taxes on gas to get it up to about $3/gallon. The rest of the developed world manages perfectly well with gas prices higher than that. It would also help reduce dependency on foreign oil, pollution, sprawl and would help regenerate urban areas.