This just isn't the year for an April fools gag.

The “Great Comics Switcheroonie” of 1997, where a bunch of comic strip authors changed strips for a day. This article has some examples.

On April 1st My 10 year old Grandson told his 13 year old brother that he just heard on TV that they are going back to school Monday morning. He got my son and his wife to play along. They have a security camera in front of their house so it’s going to be funny watching him waiting for a bus that isn’t coming. My son warned the 10 year old that paybacks are a bitch.

My sister in-law runs a licensed daycare out of her home. A couple of years ago on April 1st my brother told her she had received a call from “Administration” and she needed to call them back about some licensing issue. She needed to speak to a Mr. Bahr or a Mr. Lyon. He wrote those names down along with the telephone number. In a panic thinking something was wrong she called right away and the number was answered “Good morning, Administration office”. Insisting to speak to Mr Bahr or Mr Lyon got big laughs as it was the administration office at the county zoo!

That joke is so old Columbus got a kick in the ass for pulling it on the Indians!