This teacher is not fit to teach !

Throwing the devil into the mix adds a layer of Christian superstition, but the “left is evil”, (and the origin of the way we use the word sinister), precedes Christianity by hundreds of years.

It’s well known that everyone but you and the Romanian representative dropped out before the competition even began, so color me unimpressed.

Oh, certainly…but when it comes to this particular story the ignorance seems to be Christian in nature, by the snippets of the note the teacher sent home with the child I’ve seen on various websites.

Yeah, I saw you out there in the fifth row from the winner’s podium. BTW-next time throw flowers, not underwear. :eek:

For what it’s worth, I could tell he was being sarcastic. In fact, I thought, at first, you were giving it back to him.

I’d say this is a fair woosh.

It’s surprising to find out the ancient Chinese, the Greeks, and Muslims were all Christians. Added bonus of being so long before Big J walked on this earth (or water if you want to go there).

Dissing us left handers has been a thing it seems like forever.

And like I pointed out, it this situation, the teacher is using Christian aspects of that superstition. You cannot say that she would have been taught this superstition anyway even if she were not a Christian.

Hey! I might resemble some of the above!

Yaknow, Czarcasm, it might have been easy to miss in the first post (I also missed it), but if you missed it in the second post, that’s on you, not Tithonus

Being old isn’t necessarily a fault. Being senile or locked into a much earlier pedagogical era is.

WTF?? My sister started Catholic school in 1964. She was never told to switch hands. Although my mom says kids in her classes were. That dates back to the 1930s.

No, this woman is not qualified to teach.

Pleading Poe’s Law.

It’s Oklahoma, so I doubt the teacher is Catholic. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jesus Christ, man, do you think the International Sarcasm Organization (Motto: “Yeah, we totally exist”) is going to give a sincere award? They give it to the worst competitor every year!

As for what you said, though, it’s difficult for me to understand how you think this supports your anti-Islam nonsense. Of COURSE you’d be an idiot if you took this one cretinous Christian and used her stupidity to besmirch the names of other Christians. It doesn’t matter what her holy book says, it matters what she believes–and her stupid beliefs are a decided minority among Christians. You can’t condemn someone for what someone else believes, even if they both claim to follow the same belief system.

Tell you what BubbaDog;

If this teacher turns out to be Chinese, Greek or Muslim, I will give you $10.

If this teacher turns out to be Christian, you will give me $1.

Do we have a deal?

Wow. My grandmother was made to switch hands when she was in school, but my mother said she used her left hand after she graduated. (This would have been in the 1920’s.)

None of those Scriptures you cite say what you say they say. Not a single one says “the right hand is better” nor “the left hand is bad.” And not even you try to claim they say being left-handed is bad–which is good, since both mentions of lefthandedness in the Bible indicate it as an advantage (like the guy who was only searched for weapons on his right side.) Though I will hand it to you for being able to use the same type of logic some Christians use to support their positions.

But, more importantly your transparent attempt to link this situation to superficially similar anti-Muslim posts is rather ridiculous. Czarcasm did not blame Christianity for her beliefs. At least, not initially.

Though he’s getting kinda close in his responses now. That a superstition was spread in Christian cultures and attached Christian mythological elements does not make it actually Christian.

You can say that the 9/11 bombers would not have been suicide bombers if not for Islamic teachings, but that doesn’t make what they did Islamic.

It is indeed cultural. The belief that left-handed people are evil came first, followed by the use of Christianity to enforce it. It was never actually adopted as part of the religion itself.

Again, there’s nothing wrong with what Czarcasm said at first, but he’s getting closer to crossing the line into saying the same things islamophobes say about Islam, so he should be careful.

Yeah see, that right there? That’s some weak sauce. You still think it’s clever, though, and that’s just funny.

Cnt 5th grade teacher (public school) tried making me a righty in 1962 or so. And, speaking of cnts, her last name was Cheney!

People should use whatever hand feels best, but every once in a while they should try the other one because it feels like someone else is doing it.

Wait… wrong thread?