Thoughts on the "Van Helsing" trailer

That mostly sounds like good stuff to me. I wanted to see it before, now I want to see it even more. I’ll probably catch the matinee this weekend.

Dunno if I’m average or not, but I knew who Van Helsing was.

Or if not Abbott and Costello, at least Mantan Moreland as Van Helsing’s chauffeur: “Feets, do yo’ stuff!”

I feel like I just wasted my money. Ok, the effects were nice, but this movie was got SO boring after a while. It was really predictable, there was no tention and I certainly didn’t care for any of the characters. This movie felt like Blade 2 and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Nice effects though.

Btw, I assumed the horses were supernatural until I read what you said. It is said that they were Transylvanian and the fastest horses around. So when they made the jump I just assumed they had limited flying capabilities too. The thought that it could be a jump didn’t even occour to me.

[spoiler]It was kind of funny when Dracula discovers that Van Helsing is a werewolf and says “how can this be?!”. Did he forgot that he SENT A WEREWOLF AFTER HIM earlier!?

I may have missed something here, but when Frankenstein’s monster swings down towards the bridge, he ends up under it and that monk cuts him loose so he swings through the window. Then later, when he exits the window again he is ABOVE the bridge. What happened?

When Dracula escaped with the monster on boat and Van Helsing swims after him, he can’t follow because of the closing gate. First, it just closed before him. Couldn’t he have just dived under it? Surely he had time for that. And second, it looked like the holes in the gate were actually big enough for him to fit through.

When those baby vampires attacked the town, why was everyone OUTSIDE?! Haven’t they learned to always stay inside (preferably in their basemen[/spoiler]

I was unimpressed with the trailer. However, I ended up going to see the film anyway and really enjoyed it.