Tiny Food Fight (TV show)

This is the oddest food show I can recall. It’s on the Food Network right now. The contestants are given a type of food to create. The show I just watched had them doing Thai and Japanese. But all the food is made to the scale of a large dollhouse. Sometimes they show a ruler for scale after each presentation and the plates are under 2" across. They even prepare the food on a tiny stove with 1" burners.

As each dish is presented for judging the two judges lean in until their noses are about 6 inches away and they look and sniff. These shots are disgusting in my opinion. Then they eat the dishes using toothpicks. One contestant got her sushi rolls down rated because they were too big. There were three pieces of a tuna roll on a 1 3/4" plate. I thought that was unfair since they loved another chef’s soba noodles. Heck, at full scale the damn noodle would have been a 6" disc.

I predict a short life for this show.

I hate this show. It is just stupid. I suppose there could be some art or technique in making tiny food, but why are they required to cook in tiny pots and pans with tiny whisks and spoons? It a silly concept, and the judges were gushing as if it was amazing talent. The madcap music in the background didn’t help either.

The mugging of the woman host reminds me of Sandra Bernhard. I forgot to include a link in the OP. Forward to 2:24 for the closeup sniffing.