To counterbalance: Commercials you love.

My 17-year-old son’s a huge fan of the “office linebacker” series. You know, the ones with Terry Tate?

I love the happy cows commercials.

Magic fridge. Magic Fridge.

I really like the Verizon Wireless ad where the mom has a second job. Ho-lah!

There’s some they run out here in NC for a car dealership promising you won’t be badgered by sales people. It shows a badger salesman, presumably at another dealership. In one, a woman comes in and asks about a car:

BADGER: When is your husband coming in?
WOMAN: Actually, I’m buying the car for myself.
BADGER: Oh, well then, here’s the cupholder and here’s the rear-view mirror where you can put on your make-up . . . . aw, come on back here, sweetheart!

I wish I could find them on the web; they’re pretty funny.

for a car dealership you have to go a long way to beat Suburban Auto Group’s Trunk Monkey
ETA: here is the director’s cut with a few more included

This was listed in the “commercials you hate” thread, but I actually kind of like this. It’s the “duh” car ad from Hyundai. It has a chorus singing the word “duh” to familiar tunes such as the Pink Panther theme and Mission Impossible. It’s hard to keep from humming along. Maybe that’s why some people hate them. It gives them ear worms.

Rick,
Thanks for sharing. These are incredible, probably more entertaining than the programs surrounding them. I love entertaining commercials, like the old Energizer bunny commercials, especially the first one where it runs right out the door. The Duracell’s bunny’s eyes get huge as it sees this happening (9 seconds in). The one with Lyle Alzado was classic, too. I wish they’d just start replaying these.

The T-Mobile ad showing a teenaged cheerleader babbling rapidly for hours in her high, chirpy voice. At the twenty second mark, she intones, “I loooooove chewing gum!” There’s something about how she says that line that’s just tickles my funny bone.

I’ll second DSYoungEsq’s Christmas Coke commercial. Or did you mean the summer version?

I saw that one too. It was real. Did you try You Tube?

Good, so I am not making it up! That’s really good to know!

Youtube, Google, countless sites for commercails, all to no avail.

Kinda hoping that with the doper community here, someone may have.

Might help if I search for “trix” and not “twix”!!! :smack:

http://www.uvouch.com/video-Got-Milk-Trix-The-Rabbit-1995-233170

Unless it was an Elmer Fudd suit the rabbit was wearing, of course.

I gotta second the Emerald Nuts commercials. Every time one comes on, I stop and watch them. I love the “Robert Goulet messes with your stuff” one.

This Silk Cut cigarette advert from the 1970s would always get a cheer from the cinema audience when it appeared.

Mbongoland 1879, the british have 2 weeks of supplies left before the zulus overrun them so Benson and Hedges drop off a load of Silk Cut to prove that it takes 2 weeks to change to the mild taste of Silk Cut.

Zulu chief : "Dese here gentlemen from de Benson and Hedges fag-making company in Great Britain think it a jolly good idea if you give de Silk Cut a bit of a bash for de next fortnight. They claim it take you high tar smokers 2 weeks to change to de mild taste of Silk Cut…and dat about how long you got. "
Zulu warriors : “ho-ho-ho!”

Priceless.

I haven’t seen it in this thread yet, but I also love this one from FedEx. We were laughing about this one at work today.

“You have no idea where China is, do you, Bill?”

That’s just so wrong. The main Zulu character wasn’t even black, was he?

Oh, so wrong.

Yes! I crack up about the apple juice argument: “you know, this is actually a better argument than many you’ve come up with.” “Yeah. I worked on it.”

Also, that Honda commercial, “Cog,” with the miraculous chain of mechanical events. Here’s the Snopes article.

Yes! I crack up about the apple juice argument: “You know, this is one of the better arguments you’ve had.”

Also, that Honda commercial, “Cog,” with the miraculous chain of mechanical events. Here’s the Snopes article.

Crap, I swear I hit “preview” and not “submit” the first time :smack:

Easy Life Furnitureeeeeeee!

Three very good ones:

The Wes Anderson Amex ad.

The classic that I am surprised wasn’t one of the first to get mentioned: Ikea’s lamp.

Lastly, my favorite ever, the Sprite “Sun Fizz” ad. I love that one.

Too bad they don’t use any of them any more.