To Hell with Ford, Jaguar and Land Rover.

Well, then featherlou, why don’t you and I get together some time and have some children?

I hear the Irish are particularly tasty …

Well, that’s a nice, modest proposal.

Exactly, I don’t have any idea what the numbers are but I would imagine that number of childless straight people (coupled or not) is substantially low.

Most of the gay people in my social circle absolutely will not buy from a company that is known to be against gay rights, myself included.

It’s the job of the sales department to move the dogs off the lot. Presently,those dogs are big SUVs and minivans,which appeal more to rednecks with huge litters of kids than to gays with no kids.

Committing limited advertising resources to the folks most likely to buy what you’re glutted with is just good business.

If they find that they’ve cleared the lot of excess Expeditions and that Volvos and Jags are stacking up, they’ll say to Hell with the rednecks for a while.

The history of advertisers in this country has been to appease those “watchdog groups” who oppose controversially “obscene” TV programming and subsequently to ignore their commitments to these people next season in order to get onto the bandwagon of newest, hottest, “dirty” show. I predict that Ford will eventually sneak"gay" car ads back into the marketing mix once the Bushites leave power.

Some of this situation might stem from Billy Ford’s unfortunately-bad nature and nurture, but I suspect that the motives here are mainly, “Just business; nothing personal.”

Actually, I attended school back in the ‘60s with Jewish kids who, one of whom told me that although he thought the new Mustang was neat, his family would probably disown him for driving one. It was then that I first heard the tale of Henry Ford’s Dearborn Independent newspaper and its owner’s Jew-hateful editorials.
( the Omaha Public Schools’ curriculum committee probably thought that a more-comprehensive American History text would have been too controversial.)

I’m sure that Jews of my generation eventually got over this, but it was quite prevalent yet in the '60s. Hell, lots of 50-something Jews even drive German cars, now.

Black people told me of Old Henry’s refusal to grant blacks credit. My Dad heard that one, too.

Actually, according to many historians, Old Henry merely looked the other way
as his Southern dealers and Ford Credit offices made decisions not strictly according to credit-worthiness. He was only OPENLY hostile to Jews.

Ford is meeting with gay groups to discuss this.