To my fucking bastard neighbors-I hope you burn yourselves!

The scary thing is? That would probably stink less than the stuff my neighbors are burning.

Got a camera? Why not shoot some stills or even a video and catch them in the act? Then take it to the fire chief, since fire regulations are often enforced by the fire department and not the police.

Perhaps a phone call to your insurance company? Explain the problem to them so that they understand their insured customer is subject to a potential loss they might have to pay if the neighbors continue to violate the law. I’m sure some big insurance company calling the fire chief might work wonders, too.

It sounds as though you’ve come to this conclusion already, but in most places, burning is illegal at night. It sounds as though you’re a ways out of town, which might work against a noise complaint.

Also, you’ll never get anywhere blasting heavy metal. It’s just not catchy enough. Try something more obnoxious, like Britney Spears, Hansen, or the Spice Girls. I’d much rather wake up to Metallica or AC/DC or even Rammstein than bad 90s bubblegum pop.

I dunno, I think Metallica is more like Britney compared to these guys. :smiley:

Fortunately, they’re not doing a damned thing tonight. And like I said, the only thing they’re doing that is remotely “illegal” is taking the chimney off, so all that would happen is that they’d be asked to put it back on.

Dammit.

Have you asked them if they can put the chimney on?

My friend in college got his stereo blasting neighbors in the hall to all knock it off by blasting Bollywood music. He tried a bunch of other stuff but for some reason, twenty minutes of that worked.

If only there were a way that you could sneak some poision ivy into their firewood pile. I bet that would curtail their behavior.

I don’t think I’d do that. I’d be too afraid the insurance company would use this evidence of increased risk as an excuse to either raise your rates, or cancel the policy entirely :mad:.