today is a sad day for pizza snobs everywhere

Mama Mia’s Pizzaria on the corner of Ridge Rd and Regency Park Blvd.

I agree with Baron about Three Brothers pizza in Seaside – great stuff, and multiple locations.

But the all-time best pizza I ever had was in Salt Lake City at The Pie, AKA The Flying Pie, across the street from the University of Utah. An iconic underground student dive (under a drugstore) with brick walls and a dark atmosphere. And ambrosial pizzas.

For the Floridopers looking for a good NY or NJ style pizza, there is a little place in Bradenton called Siciliano’s that has some delicious Pizza in this style. I’ve never really eaten real NJ or NY pizza, as I’ve never been there, so I can’t really say conclusively if it holds upagainst the real thing, but I know its characteristics- thin crust, not too saucy, well done in a high temp Pizza oven, served by the big slice, very tasty. It’s just a little place, nothing fancy, great Amer-Italian food at reasonable prices, worth a stop if you’re in the area.

I found a little place on Rt 70 in Lakewood by the unlikely name of Charlie’s Pizza that has great Pizza. It is not close to where I live or work, so I almost never get there, but it is truly excellent. Might be worth a try for **Hal’s ** next return visit.

It is close to where Rt 70 and Rt 9 cross, in the Leisure Square Mall.

Jim

I’ve been looking for some truly good pizza places in the Clearwater area and haven’t found any to my liking. Now I have all these new places to try out!

There goes my New Years resolution…

Oh no! dmatsch’s being assimilated by a bunch of geriatric Rednecks!!

I can see it now: “Wooee are Rednecks! Resistance is few-tile”

and…

Your pickup-on-blocks will be added to our technological distinctiveness

Try a calzone pizza - specifically, a snail calzone. Yes, snails. Tomato, snails, garlic, and cream. Yum! Consume with good company and fine wine.