Today is my 25th anniversary!

I am just overflowing with joy and pride today, since this day (July 4, 2005) marks the 25th anniversary of my marriage to a cute Canadian guy who used to be my brother’s best friend.

On July 4, 1980 my fella and I got married on one of the hottest days of the year. A very cheap wedding it was: few guests, the wedding dress was bought at a thrift store, my mother baked the wedding cake, we served $4 champagne. Both the groom and I bumbled when reciting our vows, although we did manage to remember each other’s name. That evening, instead of the honeymoon trip that we’d planned, we went out and bought some fireworks and spent the night with a bang.

Now, 25 years later, he is a lot greyer and I am a lot wrinklier, but we get more of a bang out of each other than ever, which just goes to prove that marriage is one of those rare things (like wine and cheese) that can get better and richer and tastier with age.

Congratulations! smooches, sprays champagne and confetti

so…

is he still Canadian or did you talk him oot of that?
Congrats!

He’s still Canadian, busying himself all aboot the hoose. It’s fun being married to an alien. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least they stay on sHedule and know the value of a doh-ler, uh?

Here’s a Newfie joke for your anniversary…

Did ya hear about the Newfie who got waterskis for Christmas and went lookin’ for a lake w/ a hill in it?
(Now that it’s loaded, I can see that yours is about the sweetest wedding picture I’ve ever seen…very romantic!)

:eek: :eek: :eek: “blush”

Mazel tov!

Wow! Sure the photo’s not a still from Love Story? Is *your * Ryan O’Neal a hell-raiser too?

My guy isn’t much of a preppie. But he does believe that love means never having to stay in your sari.

I didn’t mean to imply that he looks like Phil Mickelson or anything (no offence intended, Phil - hope you win another major) - in fact, he looks quite the hunk.

Talking about garments, I watched Born Free last night for the first time in nearly 40 years (since I saw it in the Sunningdale fleapit), and I noticed what I guess one doesn’t notice as a kid (especially one who’s bawling through the whole film) that McKenna and Travers only wear one pair of pyjamas when they’re on safari. She takes the top and he takes the bottom.

Actually, not quite true, now that I think about it. They do have two pairs (the same type as I used to wear at prep school - with a shoelace thing to tie the bottom) - one blue striped, the other maroon striped - but instead of wearing one pair each, they wear one pair at a time and share it.

Now I’ve got that out of the way, I can get down to a bit of work.