Today is Pot Roast Day

I don’t have green bell peppers, onions, carrots, potatoes or mushrooms; but I’m making a pot roast anyway. Besides, carrots and potatoes are packed with carbohydrates, and I’m still trying to avoid them.

So instead of making a full-on pot roast like dad used to make, I’ve just sprinkled a packet of Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix on it, jabbed the mix into the meat with a fork like a homicidal money, and put a tin of Campbell’s Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup on top. 56 grams of carbohydrates for the whole thing.

Soon my house will be filled with the smell of heat-treated musculature of a deceased domestic bovoid. Yum! :slight_smile:

Ahh, there’s nothing like a pot roast, is there? I love chucking a browned hunk of beef, an onion in eighths, a bag of new potatoes and a bag of baby carrots into the crock pot in the morning, and coming home to a house filled with the smell of delicious, delicious meat.

Okay, you have to trust me on this:

Pot roast, dredged in flour, salt and pepper and browned really well in whatever you like to use (bacon fat or oil, either are fine)
can of beef consume
can of whole cranberry sauce
pearl onions
baby carrots
2 cinnamon sticks
5 cloves
and
a whole 10oz jar of horseradish

Dump everything on top of the meat and cook all day long.

It’s amazing. :slight_smile:

drool

Cranberries and horseradish? :: Dubious :: I’d have t sample it first before I’d cook it like this myself.

It’s a classic combo. See the (in)famous NPR cranberry relish recipe.

Oh wow, that sounds fabulous.

I’ve also had an amazing pot roast cooked with, of all things, prunes. And olives. It’s about as versatile a dish as you can come up with, apparently!