Today, We Have Killer In Whitehouse

I think the take on Grant is right, too senior to have been in much direct combat. But Harry Truman was a combat field officer (captain I believe) and was involved in quite a bit of heavy action during WWI. Of course he was in the Artillery so that may come under the indirect clause stated for Bush Sr. and Kennedy.

Yes, but there are probably many people who just find the homepage, read the column and click on the answer button, without having ever read any thread.
I know that the only time I wanted to do so, I was surprised to find out that clicking on this button resulted in opening a thread. I assumed until then it sent an e-mail or somesuch, while opening a thread in CoCC could only be done by joining the message board. And I had been reading this board for a long time.
If I were a first time visitor wishing to answer a column, or even a regular reader of the column who isn’t interested in using the message board, how would I know there’s a sticky warning in a forum I never read?
The fact that most newcomers don’t add a link to the column is ample evidence IMO that they aren’t aware of if this policy. And honestly…how could they if it’s not mentionned when they click on the button?

Yeah Dex… that’s what I meant

Well said Claire thanks

:wink:

So have we concluded yet that no matter how it turns out today, we’re gonna get a killer in the Whitehouse?
Good ol’ skull and bones, must be some kinda hazing or initiation, huh?
We’ll see to it that you get to be POTUS but you gotta kill somebody first.
Keeps 'em indebted to the klan I’d guess. (sorry I meant clan with a “C”)

Well what about the murder of women and children, by Clinton , and that evil specter Janet Reno at Waco???

Hey! Moderators!

cuban ninja.

I’ve sent you an email, telling you how the board works.

Learn where to place your posts.

And Nader was later responsible for said laura welch being first lady. Coincidence?

What’s the problem?? What now I’m to be put down for being politically incorrect, for daring to take on draft-dodger , 60’s radical slickwilly clinton, and his crew. Well I stand by my posting.

cuban ninja.

Final warning. Learn how this board works.

If you can’t understand which column to put your post in, email an admin or mod.

If you have a question that should have a factual answer, post to GQ.
If you have a subject that you wish to debate, GD.
If you wish to merely vent, and offer your opinion on something…IMHO.
If you wish to add something factual to one of Cecil’s columns, then CoCC.
If adding something factual to a Staff report, CoSR.
If you wish to flame another poster, or a mod/administrator, or just bitch and moan about something you hate, take it to the Pit.

samclem GQ moderator

seeing how its come up in this thread,
Should’nt Jabotinsy’s been in IMHO. The original post question is asking
about the presidents.

I would have thought the OP came more under the heading of hate speech than it did adding something factual to one of Cecil’s columns. :confused:
If this comment by me is itself mis-placed, I apologize.