Todays XKCD

I don’t think the strip is about lactation fetishism at all. It’s about a woman sensing that the man had a random stray thought, “Hmm, she has breasts, I wonder if I could milk her?”

If it the strip were about a lactation fetish, the male character wouldn’t have to wonder these things. He would presumably keep a normalized SQLite database of the precise hormonal state of every woman known to him.

I don’t think thinking about lactating breasts is necessarily perverse either. I mean milk is a beverage most people drink. We don’t think of it as baby food usually. So lactating women kind of like people with a built in beverage tap. I mean 50% of the population never needs to buy cream for their coffee because they can make it themselves.

Yes, but only if they are lactating. (See the other day’s XKCD.)

Hey! Recursion!

A woman walks into a bar and asks the bartender for an example of a double entendre; and the bartender gives her one.

Right. This is also the “sometimes a cigar is just a cigar” answer.

…and the bartender gives it to her.

So, so far we have: It’s a metaphor, it’s a random stray thought, it’s shock humor, it’s just about breasts not breastfeeding, lactation fetish is not really weird. I think the author is trying to mix his quirky couple thing with a weird lactation topic and it doesn’t really work. He is trying to have his milk and drink it too.

A woman walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a double entendre. But he was happily married.