Tom Selleck as Indiana Jones

Honestly, I think pretty much the same thing about Harrison Ford.

I agree with this. He would be a better choice than either, IMO.

MagDumb PI…Selleck sucks…I’d rather eat NABISCO cookies instead of the WalMart brand if you get my drift.

Yes.

Although in the mid nineties, I would have loved to cast Selleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman in an adaptation of Frank Miller’s Dark Knight Returns. But yeah, Indiana Jones still would have been great with him in place.

I love Kurt, but his tough guy style is juuuust a bit over the top. It would have made the character too funny. I like Ford’s ability to look like he’s getting the shit kicked out of him but he’s not quite got the mental capacity to realize he’s losing, or that his brain forgets to lose consciousness or something and he’s forced to stay in a fight.

No, no. Christopher Walken as Indy! :eek:

I think your drift drifted away in a cloud of confusion. :confused:

I immediately thought of Don Knotts and Pauly Shore

Betty White would also be a stretch as Indy.

Whines: “Why’d it have to be snakes?”

My drift is quality of acting…Selleck doesn’t quite make the “A List” of actors…like the line from the Frank Zappa song…“Is that a real poncho, or is that a Sears poncho”?

I think he is saying that he would not kick Selleck out of his poncho for eating NABISCO cookies.

I think…

No dog…I’m just saying that Selleck is a bad actor…but I don’t need to. He’s been in the business for over 30 years; how many major motion pictures has he been in and how many Oscar nominations? Case closed.

Scene: Exterior. Crowded Marketplace.

The crowd parts, and we see a large, menacing SWORDSMAN. He chuckles evilly as he tosses the sword from hand to hand.

INDY starts desperately digging in his left breast pocket, pulls out a bullet, and loads his revolver.

His hand’s too shaky. He drops the bullet, and the cylinder falls out of the pistol too. But then he turns into a talking fish…

You wouldn’t win many court cases. 30 years in the business is an incredible and rare achievement, and worth more than an Oscar. He’s had a very successful television career, and has both an Emmy and a Golden Globe.

AND passing on Raiders was a major turning point in his career as far as movies vs TV. If he had been Indiana Jones, there’s really no reason to suspect that, like Ford, he would have had a good career on the silver screen.

Your point is well taken, however, Dick van Dyke, Soupy Sales, Lucille Ball and others have had long successfull careers and although entertaining, I (personally) would not consider them to be good actors in the ranks of Nicholson, Hanks, Pachino, Freeman, Denzel etc. Again…just my opinion.