Tom Synder dead at 71

Well, the way I remember it, they showed upper body shots and uncrossed legs, too, but they were wearing swimsuits in those cases.

One thing that’s really vivid to me about that one was their showing some kind of “encounter group” situation at the colony. This bushy-haired, whisker-faced guy is shown whaling the hell out of a pillow, using a tennis racquet, presumably something about “letting out his frustrations.” Then immediately after thusly venting, he rushes over to the waiting arms of one of the camp’s female (workers?), who then hugs him very maternally.

I was in my teens when I saw that, and, although I hardly knew what “perverted” meant, that to me was perverted.

I also remember an interview he did with some workers at the Mustang Ranch, although I don’t remember any content.

And once, he had some people who had organized a special interest group for ugly people. One of the guys looked like Wolf Blitzer, and the other looked like Chief Justice Roberts.

In reading the obit in today’s paper I was reminded of one of the best interviews from the show - the one with Charles Manson. The most chilling part was when Snyder asked Manson, straight out, was he responsible for the Tate/La Biance killings. Just as cool as could be, and without skipping a beat, Manson replied, “No. I didn’t kill anybody. If I started killing people there wouldn’t be anybody left.”