Tomorrow's music?

I bet you’ve thought about this, too. What do you think music is going to sound like five to ten years from now? Every genre has been explored, deconstructed, etc. and crossovers are common. So what’s next? Do you think you’ll like it?

Who would have guessed the bollywood influence in dance music? So who knows, we may end up with a garage/chinese folk music cross over next.

There were a lot of folks saying this fifteen years ago. Do you think they were right?

A lot of genres, especially traditional and well-established ones, are going to stay largely the same. There’ll be some new crossovers. Hip-hop will blend in with other genres and fall from prominence. You’ll hear more electronica-influenced bits.

I do think there’ll be a lot more non-western music showing up. That’s a good thing.

I think there will be a rush of old standard big band and early jazz remakes. Most of those 1920’s tracks are going to start falling into public domain over the next 20 years.

I’ve already got dibs on Duke Ellington’s Diga Diga Doo. :smiley:

Only if Disney goes bankrupt right quick.

(Mickey Mouse will never fall into the public domain. Not in your lifetime, not in my lifetime.)

Many people gave their opinions in this thread.