Tonka (beloved pet) is gone

Had to go through this a little over a year ago. I’m glad you were there to make life the best it could be for Tonka; and that he had a chance to be in your life.

I’m very sorry to hear about Tonka, Johnny.

StG

No apologies necessary, Johnny. You done good. It hurts like crazy though.
I knew right away when I saw the thread title that it was this cat we’d all “known”.
I am so sorry.

Quit trying to make me smile, Goo, I have to grieve right now.

What a beautiful kitty. I’m sure he had a wonderful life with you–I can see it by the loving way you write about him. It’s never easy to do them that final kindness, but I’m sure he crossed the Bridge feeling loved and at peace. RIP, Tonka.

I am so sorry for your loss; cats are such wonderful friends and companions.

RIP, Tonka. :frowning:

aww man as someone whos lost cats and dogs in the past few years i know this sucks… at least you made him happy …

Rest in peace Tonka and Nibbler. You were good cats, and I hope your owners can get through these rough times soon.

Thank you and the others for the condolences. I did not want to hijack Johnny’s thread, but since it seems to have partly run its course, perhaps some will want to read a brief history of Nibbler at her twitterbox acount (see the May 30 posts).

Chronic kidney disease is very rough. And Nibbler had several other conditions that came along with it. It is not easy to pick the right time, but I believe I would have regretted waiting longer.

I do highly recommend the at-home vet service if available. Having her last moments on her favorite bed felt like the right thing to do.

Alas, the in-home vet here is the one we call Dr. Mengele for his treatment of Harvey.