Top Design Premiere (1/31)

I think Bravo has a flop here. The rooms make no sense to me. The judgments of the judges make no sense to me. $50,000.00 budgets? And what’s with the frickin’ shemale?!

What terrible rooms! Of course the trouble makers stay which is typical of Bravo.

The budget was insane. That’s the entire top chef budget for all the contestants for the whole season added together.

Each.

Gayest show ever. But I’m willing to give it some time and see if it gels.

At least they’ve got a good villain right off the bat _ the whiny blonde guy. He looks like Ralphie from “A Christmas Story” grew up to be a serial killer.

The Ralphie looking guy is shrill enough to keep me from watching again. I was kind of hoping the HE team would get eliminated just for that reason. The SHE team’s room was boring, and their wall looked like they forgot to take down the masking tape. (Sorry I don’t remember their names after just one episode - other than Eric and Erik).

Also, I agree wholeheartedly with the notion that $50,000 is a ridiculous budget. I can make a spectacular room for $50,000. That’s not a challenge. Making a room that looks like $50k for $12k…Oh and you get a carpenter and a seamstress?? They’re just other people to blame when you’re not doing well with the judges.

If I were running this show they wouldn’t have started with a team challenge right out of the gate.

Not having a shared workspace as in Project Runway or Top Chef leads me to worry that for the inter-designer dynamic drama we’d be subjected to more of what happens in the lofts than we were in the other shows. Feh.

HA! :smiley:

Admittedly, I was watching since I was planning on this being my Top Chef substitute on Wednesday nights for a while. After seeing this episode I may just go to bed early instead. This looks like it is going to suck all over the place. Outrageous budgets, the furnishings to choose from are all right down the hall, you get carpenters, and painters, and movers, the contestants are mostly annoying, the judges are snotty a-holes, and, unbelievably, the host has even less personality than Padma.

Maybe this was just a bad start. I’ll watch it another time or two to see if it picks up at all, but I’m not getting a good feeling about this one.

Oh, and were half the designers from Chicago? Seemed like a lot of Chicagoans in this bunch. Not that there’s anything wrong with that - GO BEARS!

I’ll second that with a hearty Hi-Ho! T.O. was so stiff, obviously reading lines and just generally not TV ready. I didn’t think anyone could be worse than Padma. Boy was I wrong.

Also seconding the “Go Bears” sentiment :smiley:

I feel the same way. The only reality shows I watch are Project Runway and Top Chef. I love decorating and thought it might be good, but it wasn’t.

I guess I’m down to just Project Runway, and that’s starting to get on my nerves too.

Is it just me or was this the ugliest people ever on TV? Everybody in this show is just plain ugly and painful to watch, the contestants, the host, the judges, the freakorama guest, heck, I am guessing that even the camera crew is butt ugly.

And those crappy designs with that budget and a full crew? No excuses.

I may catch some episodes on the mid afternoon reruns while I fold laundry, but I seriously doubt I will stay up to watch this.