I’ve been looking at this list of the Top 400 Restaurant Chains in the United States in 2009, as ranked by Restaurants & Institutions (R&I) in order of 2008 sales. There are many that I’ve never hear of!
- What is the highest ranking chain that you’ve never eaten at (or otherwise visited)?
- What is the highest ranking chain you’ve never seen in person (but may have heard of)?
- What is the highest ranking chain you never even heard of?
For me the answers are:
- #13 Sonic - I see them all over when out driving, but I really don’t have any desire to eat in my car!
- #43 Texas Roadhouse - Never been there. I have to say, this is a rather forgettable and generic sounding name for a chain!
- #57 Carrabba’s Italian Grill - supposedly some are in my area, I’ve just never noticed them.
Now I feel like I should try to visit all 400 at least once, or at least the ones I haven’t already been to!
The homepage of the report is here. It breaks down the ranks by segments (Casual, Chicken , etc.) and has some other interesting information.