Topics that are difficult to Google

I tapped out Daisy Bell, and managed to get, honest to Og: Rio by Duran Duran. :smiley:

I was looking for pictures of beavers (the animal!!!) once. Being German, I first used the German word, and there were not a lot of results (this was before google picture search). Then I thought “let’s try the English word, there must be more results”. Oh boy!

A search for dog collars taught me that there are more S&M sites than shops that sell pet stuff.

A doper once mentioned they would never google “scat” without adding “music.”

Imagine the poor bird enthusiast researching Great Tits:frowning:

Cite:
http://www.rspb.org.uk/birds/guide/g/greattit/index.asp

Black Holes

About 10 years ago a guy named Dick Assman appeared on the David Letterman show, due to his unusual name. He actually became a bit of a celebrity, and since he was from my hometown, some friends and I tried to find his website. Moral of the story: be careful where you put your spaces.

A song lyrics thread on this board featured someone mentioning a fairly obscure word (such as “protocol”) and the next poster finding a song containing said word (example). The game ground to a halt when the word played was copyright.

People of some note who share a name with people of greater note.

Here’s one I learned to my great regret.

If you photo Google the name of any item of women’s clothing, from any country or culture whatsoever you will generate at least 10 NSFW photos on the very first page.

A common fetish object that shares its name with a common unit of linear measure.

Wimple? :dubious:

On a different tack, it would be very hard to google that old foe of Superman whose name begins with an M and would make a very high Scrabble score, if you didn’t already know a fairly good approximation of how to spell his name. You’d have to google “superman enemies” and hope that he was listed there somewhere…

Well, if it’s so hard to Google, you should probably just tell us.

No one with a male name ending in SF needs to know about my turn-ons, thankyouverymuch.

FYI, it’s not "rod.

Troy McClure is one of the minority here in SF-- ie, a heterosexual male.

Feet? Knots? Hogsheads?

Because us San Franciscans get so skeeved by people’s sexual preferences? :confused:

BTW, you’re a dirty rotten liar.

Now there’s AllMusicGuide to make my discographical searches easy, and I don’t Google for them anymore. But it seems that the name of any artist or group, and the word “discography” together as a phrase, were all snapped up as domain names by spammers. I don’t know if it still happens, and I don’t much care now, but you could query anybody’s name and discography and end up with pages and pages of crap totally unrelated to either.

“Well, I’m sari I was sarong.” :smiley:

PS Troy, I’m sari I was sarong about you. But one has to keep the law of averages in mind.

PPS mojave, hogsheads measure volume; knots measure speed.

Speaking of speed, check out the exquisite Marion Jonessigh[/size]

Speaking of speed, check out the exquisite Miss Marion Jonessigh