Total Different Base Words To Represent A Male -vs- Female

Here’s what I was thinking when we have a job for example, we often will have different forms for whether a female or male is doing it.

Example:

Waiter / Waitress
Actor / Actress
Aviator / Aviatrix

But in each of those examples the base word is still the same. Wait is the base word or Act is the base word and we add a suffix depending on whether it’s male or female.

I was wondering are there words that describe a male or female version but do not share a base word.

Again actor and actress both share the base word ACT

I’ll make up an example:

Let’s say somone hammers rocks and we call it a hammeror if it was a male but a acmess if it was a woman.

You see the female version in my made up example has nothing in common with the male version which takes the form from the base word hammer.

I hope I’m explaining this right.

Are there examples of this in real life? I’m not sure I explained this clearly enough so I’ll post it and see who answers and if it’s not clear, I’ll try to make it so.

The man/woman pairs, e.g. policeman/policewoman, still have something in common, i.e., the first part of the word.

There’s the witch/wizard pair, if you think of witchcraft or wizardry as an occupation.

Pimp/Madame

monk / nun

They’re not really identical occupations either. A warlock is closer equivalent to witch. /pedantry.

Mother / Father

Tailor/Seamstress

I would say seamster/seamstress myself. Tailor is an unrelated (though obviously more common) synonym that does not imply either gender.

husband/wife

boy/girl

Boy and girl are not occupations. Also, the earliest meaning of the latter was “a child or young person of either sex,” as one may discover by checking the Oxford English Dictionary.

Queen / King

That’s a good one, as it is indeed an occupation, even though one carried on by only one person in a particular realm. Another pair is earl/countess, since there are no counts in English-speaking countries.

Not sure about that. I believe that titles correspond to territories held, not genders.

An earl/earless holds an earldom.

A count/countess holds a county.

A duke/duchess holds two or more counties.

I don’t see any explicit restriction in the OP that it has to be an occupation.

How about Lord/Lady?

Knight/Dame?

In Japanese the Emperor is called 天皇 (tennō), but the Empress is 皇后 (kōgō).

Did you miss the first line?

Anyway, boy and girl are not parallel to actor and actress. They don’t come from the same root, for one thing.

In England at least, the female equivalent of an earl is a countess, not an earless - a word I think only means “without ears”.

You mean the one where it states that the comparison for different jobs is an example?

The title is “Total [sic] Different Base Words To Represent A Male -vs-Female”–says nothing about it being a job. Indeed, it says nothing about being human. Which leaves us open to

Bull/Cow
Doe/Buck
Jenny/Jack