Totally Stupid or Useless PSA's

I remember the G.I. Joe PSAs. I loved the parody ones as well.

I’ll stop the madness as soon as I’ve done one sixteenth the drugs that any one person in the video has done.

I saw that one in Drivers’ Ed. class. The little boy’s in a coma, and the father’s ghost comes back to apologize!

It was the Blue Boy episode of Dragnet that did it for me. If you’re around my age, you know which one I mean.

Damn you, that made me remember this one. A little girl comes home from a party, tries to tell various family members about what happened, and is roundly ignored. Dejected, she tells her story to sniff the family dog. Voice over: “Children *can *go to the dogs when families don’t listen.”

While I know about the Dragnet episode…I was, in fact, referring to the Latter Day Saints (Mormons) :slight_smile:

That commercial was the worst but now, you’d be in trouble for saying ‘retard’, because it’s demeaning to the mentally challenged. Those ads are called anti-bullying, and I applaud them.
I don’t mean to be harsh here, but I live in Portland and we are nauseatingly PC.:rolleyes:

I may have posted this before, but we were in California back in 2000 and I saw a PSA that still jumps into my mind from time to time about not giving cigarettes to minors. There was a man standing there smoking, and young teenage girl comes up and asks him for a cigarette. I can’t remember exactly how it happened, but I feel like maybe it was a screen freeze as he was reaching her one. The voice-over comes on and says “She better be damn cute.”

So what does that mean? If the young teenager is cute enough then it’s okay to give her a cigarette? And not just any kind of cute but “damn cute”? Maybe next up we should have a PSA about statutory rape? Just so weird.
Also, my daughter got into He-Man and She-Ra last year on Netflix. One of the episodes ended with a PSA of the two of them talking about not letting anyone touch you inappropriately. I don’t remember the details or anything now, but I just felt skeevy watching He-Man and She-Ra talking about this in their little outfits right after an episode that had nothing actually close to that happen in it.