Toyota Highlander Mouse Issue

Nine dogs? I thought I was nuts…

I was chatting with a neighbour the other day. He said he has a Datsun 1600 Fairlady in Arizona. The car is unrestored and sitting in pieces, but he did say it took him two weeks to clean all of the mesquite pods out of the body spaces.

Although some of our snake species are non-lethal, our frequent visitors include at least 4 deadly species in 4 genera (including both genera of cobras). With my poorish eyesight I wouldn’t have a chance distinguishing deadly snakes from non-deadly. The pythons are also annoying. Snakes are not welcome here. (Hmm. We once saw a cobra coiled smugly in the car-port. Perhaps it had just feasted on rat.)

No, I’d take a chance on seeking the Holy Detente between cat and dog, but my wife knows best — We utterly lack the discipline and time to pull that off. We might be abetting felicide.

ETA: "We once saw a cobra coiled smugly in the car-port. " No. Twice.

I had mice in a Honda once. They packed so much corn into my vents, there was hardly any air coming out. Dealer said to set the AC to recirculation before turning the car off so that the vent would be closed while the car was off.

Psssshhhh. If you could get lizard and bird, would you eat mouse?

Anyway, he doesn’t actually HAVE snakes; he likes the lizards and birds there to control the bugs. So he keeps dogs to scare the snakes away.

o_o

>_<

O_O

>_<

O_o

NINE dogs?

How the hell big is your garage?

Lights. Lights have worked for me when rats were getting comfy under my hood and eating wires. A trouble light with an LED bulb seems to do the trick. Also getting rid of the under hood insulation which they used to make a nest. But the lights seem to work the best. Of course, you’ll have to remember to remove the lights before you drive off. Once you forget a time or two you’ll get into the habit. Ask me how I know.

I’ve had problems with mice getting onto the interior of a couple cars. I ended up pulling off the plastic grille piece at the base of the windshield and using silicone sealant to glue wire screens over the heater air inlets. It worked well enough that when I bought new Suzukis in 2003, I glued screens in as soon as I brought the cars home.

Honda makes a capaisin-impregnated tape, which you’re supposed to wrap around vulnerable wiring harnesses.

Do NOT, however, store this product any where near your bondage supplies…

[sub]Red Hot Chili Peckers[/sub]