Trailer up for film of Terry Pratchett's "Lords and Ladies"

http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~jknoblo2/LnL/lnluksm.avi

Filmed for $300, all profits going to charity. I, for one, want to see it. It actually looks watchable (in its own campy sort of way.)

I can’t seem to play it. I’ll have to try on another computer later.

If it really was made for just $300, I would be very willing to overlook technical flaws as long as they stayed pretty true to the spirit of the book.

I get audio, but no video. I guess I’ll have to wait til I get home to watch it.

Sorry, I should’ve said 300 Euro, which was about $600 last time I checked.

Are they planning to release this in theaters in the U.S.? If so, ordinary cineplexes or art-house cinemas?

I really really doubt it. Did you see the trailer? 300 Euros.

Some friends of mine are making a movie of Troll Bridge, a Pratchett short story starring trolls and Cohen the Barbarian. This one is approved by Pratchett personally, he recently came down to view the progress and then was inspired to write some dialogue for a couple of additional characters the makers had put in.

guanolad, I’ve been following the progress of this production for awhile. That looks like they’re doing a heck of a job. Be sure to let us know when it’s available for purchase on DVD!

Lords and Ladies? Wasn’t that the fictional TV series in Max Payne?

Yes it was in Max Payne. “Lords and Ladies” by Pratchett, however, was about elves. The real elves mind you, who manage to make Darth vader and Emperor Palpatine look like pretty decent people.

When I try to play the trailer, it plays okay for several seconds but gets stuck when it reaches the words “the elves”.

Any idea why?

-FrL-

I should clarify: Audio is fine the whole way through, but visual just freezes at the point when the words “the elves” are being displayed on screen. I continue to hear more of the preview, but don’t get to see anything more.

-FrL-

Have you downloaded it first, and do you have the latest DivX installed?

I downloaded it and tried to watch it, but it was too…awful to continue. As a fan, I have a high standards. I think that the cartoon version of Wierd Sisters is great. True to the book. Soul Music, well…I wasn’t that thrilled with the book.