Travelling jobs(related to programming or engineering)

I like coding and creating circuits but I only found 1 job as an electrical officer which is not an electrical engineer.(the physics and math level are at a medium level from what I heard).An electrical officer works in a ship if you haven’t figured it out yet.I want to know if there are other travelling jobs that are related to programming or engineering.I found 2 jobs but there were not for engineering and programming meaning that these jobs involve driving with a truck and leading a group of peoples(tour guide).I don’t want to try airforce or anything related to that because as I said in my previous thread I have myopia.Do you know which jobs are related to travelling in the field of engineering and programming?I only ask about these fields and not the economics fields.

No one?Not even a small advice?

I know people that work(ed) in commissioning and service for offshore installations. Is that the kind of job you’re looking for?

You should really sit down with a career counsellor or coach with your academic record and description of your interests and work out what kind of occupation you would be suited for. Asking random people on an internet message board who don’t know you or your background about occupations you don’t seem to have a strong grasp of is not likely to give you very good insight.

By the way, unless you are legally blind, having myopia will not prevent you from serving in the Air Force or any other branch of the military. Very few jobs in the Air Force require perfect vision, and it is entirely possible to serve in the Air Force without ever flying on a plane (other than commercial or space available flights to and from a duty station) or doing anything else requiring uncorrected vision.

Stranger

Be careful what you wish for: life on the road can be gruelling.

Some years ago I worked for a company that had a core product that needed to be customized to each customer’s unique needs. I was the software/project engineer responsible for gathering requirements, developing and testing the custom software, and final acceptance by the customer. Back in the day, remote access wasn’t what it is like today, so I (my group) spend many days/weeks at the customer site to do the development (to have access to the hardware).
I think they types of “custom engineering” positions particularly for specialized hardware/instruments are still out there. The travel may be more limited to just final testing and acceptance by the customer. But I can also imagine that on-site debugging and tweaking may also be necessary. And, it is more common than not that you don’t get all the requirements up front (or all the details), so this also results in more on-site work.

Not sure what kind of fields you’re interested in, and it may take some digging to find companies that have products that require unique customizations. But I suspect they’re out there.

Ok,I’ll try the navy if I have no other choice.

You didn’t even wait forty minutes at a time of day when most people with relevant experience are probably at work.

Does this sort of work require patience?

I’m hiring a distillery engineer right now that will be 10-25% travel. When i was in the oil field lots of the engineers on the service side traveled almost constantly and we out of the office 75% or more of the time. There are lots of engineering jobs that require travel of course that travel isn’t exactly to the garden spots of the world.

Once you know your game, sales engineers travel a lot helping sales reps pitch technical products. This can be software, hardware, medical device, etc.

Please note - as cormac262 stated - the road is not for everyone. I fly almost every week, countered by working from home on the off days. I have missed a lot because of this.

Travel for business usually means meetings in other people’s conference rooms, staying in similar looking business hotels, and weekends lost to planes and airports. You are busy picking an ideal job when you have no experience doing the work. Get some experience first, then worry about exact positions. Your first (second, third) job probably won’t mean too much in the long term unless you’re very lucky. When I started work 30+ years ago your first job would have been a lot more important, but not so much these days.

No other choice about what? Have you actually read any of the posts in which people have tried to provide informed answers to your ambiguous questions?

Stranger