Treasure Hunters 6/26

Not that I don’t think it was a dick move, but it was a pretty stupid plan to begin with, so the teams the Fogals “tricked” need to own up to being kind of dumb. I mean, if you come up with a plan that we should beat ourselves around the head and shoulders with an iron rake, if I actually do it, I’m an idiot whether or not your join me.

Yeah, that’s what it looks like to me too, and I totally agree–you always hate to see a team go down through something that’s just not their fault. And let’s face it: even if they don’t drop out, they pretty much have no chance of not being eliminated in the next couple episodes, anyway. Too much hiking/swimming/climbing ahead.

They are just bizarre. How long did they spend randomly wandering around and totally ignoring the board with the cipher painted on it. Like, in what universe would that not be important?

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!

Seriously, though, I do really like the emphasis on puzzles, and the puzzles were better this ep than last, IMO. And even though they’re bunching every night, I like the fact that they’re starting off like two hours after the last team arrives. Not getting any sleep seems like a sufficient penalty for coming in last, especially when you’ve gotta think things through to solve puzzles the next day.

Does anyone happen to have the second half of episode 1 on tape/Tivo? There’s a Genworth Financial sign which the camera lingers on long enough to convince me that it’s significant (another one showed up in ep 2) but I’ve already taped over that segment. It would be on the way to Mount Rushmore. What does it say?

The sign was clearly a clue. I don’t have it on tape, but it said something similar to “Rush to where the treasure is,” using the words “rush” and “treasure” to clue “Rushmore” and “Treasure Hunters.” I suspect we’ll see one per episode from here on out.

In a Jagermeister stupor last night (bad day – don’t ask), I forced my husband to discuss this episode with me … and even drunk off my ass, swearing up and down that sleeping on the floor in the hallway has to be as comfortable as sleeping in the bed because, hey, the cats do it all the time … even then, I made more sense than the Hanlons. On the Race, there is such a thing as “the Luck of the Evil.” Is it possible that Treasure Hunters has “the Luck of the Terminally Clueless”?

I as hoping for the exact wording for possible inclusion in the Wikipedia article. I have no idea if they’ll turn out to be significant other than as teasers along the way but if they are I’ll want to have them all.

With the added dimension of their excessive pride in their bizarre decision-making! After they found the last compass, the less severely mulleted brother interviews about how it was his decision to drive 80 miles round-trip for Angus burgers and by god it was a good decision! The editing was really deceptive, because it seemed like the Browns arrived while the Wyld Hanllyns were still driving back from BK when the Browns arrived at Tower Rock. Either the Browns were really slow to decipher the clue or the editors are screwing with the timeline.

Yes, this is typical reality show “added drama” editing. I’m pretty sure that if things actually happened in on-air order, the Hanlons and the Browns would have passed on the path, no?

PS – I strongly and vigorously do NOT recommend having a Jagermeister hangover on a Wednesday morning, but you guys already knew that, didn’t you?