Trevor Noah on TDS

Yes, he’s one of our best stand-ups (other good ones include - Riaad Moosa and Nik Rabinowitz).

Actually she’s a lesbian, and so I believe she was referring to that (i.e. turning hetero). (ETA: beaten to it)

I’m American, but I’m a total QI addict, and probably 90% of what I know about British comedians comes from seeing them on that show… so, interesting fact in response to your question: IIRC, despite that intensely British accent, I believe Sandi Toksvig grew up in NYC, and had to actually work on her changing her accent.

Yeah me too. I totally remember now that I saw the clip.

Run, don’t walk, to a youtube connection, and check out Mock The Week, a show compered by QI regular Dara Ó Briain that often features a lot more…shall we say hardcore?..comedy (it was best when Frankie Boyle was still on) It helps if you are familiar with some British politics and celebrities, but not essential. It’s not as cerebral as QI but does cover the standup side a bit better.

Interesting trivia - QI regular Rich Hall is part of the inspiration for Moe Szyslak on the Simpsons, apparently.

I posted this last year:

Never occurred to me that he might become a Daily Show correspondent. This might become his stepping stone to huge American success. His upside is unlimited.